00 - Null
    01, 02 - Mexico
    03 - Africa
    04 - Spain
    05 - India
    06 - China
    07 - England
    08-FF - Congratulations!
    Last edited by nensondubois; 01-18-2016, 07:16:01 PM.
    "Roll The Bones" - Rush
    Patreon.com/nensondubois Twitter #nensondubois_Youtube.com/user/nensondubois

Comment

• Code:
      Harvest Moon (SGB, US, J)

Start in Debug Menu (The Japanese offers more options and text is was not translated in the US version, but the code still enables the debug menu in all versions)
      001-E3F-6EA

Start at Ending
      211-E3F-6EA

Enable additional Japanese debug items
      1FF-819-E66

Harvest Moon (GBC)

Start in Debug Menu (The Japanese offers more options and text is was not translated in the US version, but the code still enables the debug menu in all versions)
      002-03F-6EA

Start at Ending
      211-E3F-6EA

Enable additional Japanese debug items
      1FF-759-E66

Harvest Moon 2

Start in Debug Menu
      0F1-7AF-E6A

Harvest Moon 3

Start in Debug Menu
      012-96F-3B2

Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:37:51 PM. Reason: old notes removal
      "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
        SolarStriker (world).gb

Start on second quest
        FC1-6BF-2A5

Start on second quest stage 2
        025-39F-E6E

Start on second quest stage 3
        035-39F-E6E

Start on second quest stage 4
        045-39F-E6E

Start on second quest stage 5
        055-39F-E6E

Start on second quest stage 6
        065-39F-E6E
        Last edited by nensondubois; 01-19-2016, 11:20:57 PM. Reason: stage... more bad notes form old codes
        "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
          SolarStriker (world).gb

Set initial high score to 00000000
          001-69F-E62

Set initial high score to 00900000
          091-69F-E62
          "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Here's a quick code to allow the unused song to play.

Code:
            Battletoads.nes

Pause Cutscene dialogue (unused song is not cut off; press start to proceed. Use only before cutscene starts. I'm still investigating this mystery and what else I found is that it is not in the standard song ID table, and it appears to be a special flag of sorts related to activating the warp zones.)
            VENEZTSA
            GAEATNLE
            Last edited by nensondubois; 01-20-2016, 12:16:36 AM.
            "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
              Harvest Moon 3.gbc

Enable unused SGB functions
              031-46F-E6A
              I could have sworn there was an unused palette. I might have to dig into some older notes, if I can find them. If not, I'll have to spend the time at a later date and look into the ROM again. I love setbacks.

EDIT: Can't even find it in my notes. Weird. I guess I'm thinking of a different game. I can't remember everything I found so this is going to take a very long time to post everything, along with not having a lot of time and new codes on the horizon constantly whenever I think of something that I want to look for in a game.
              Last edited by nensondubois; 01-21-2016, 12:58:24 AM.
              "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                Super Mario Bros. 2

Subspace looks normal (There is a graphical oddity you will notice. Nintendo didn't swap all of the tiles.)
                XZXPLKOZ

Entering Suspace will drop you into a strange new world (Can get stuck in certain parts of the level upon entering Suspace. Does not affect all parts of the level upon entering Subspace and will remain normal with normal level palette)
                GZXPAKSA

Entering Suspace will drop you into a strange new world (Alternate) (Can get stuck in certain parts of the level upon entering Suspace. Does not affect all parts of the level upon entering Subspace and will remain normal with normal level palette)
                TIXPAKSA

Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:21:15 PM.
                "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                  Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (For the Frog the Bell Tolls)

Press Start at Title Screen/File Select to change music
                  ??1-9D8-E62
                  "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• I'm thinking about rewriting the entire game engine for GB Toy Story. In the meanwhile here is a few codes that help make the game barely playable.

Code:
                    Music Modifier
                    010?30DF

00 - Strange Things
                    02 - You've got a Friend in Me
                    04 - Playtime

Storyline music modifier
                    ??4-1EF-E6E

00 - Strange Things
                    02 - You've got a Friend in Me
                    04 - Playtime

Based on Mark Ortiz's source files he gave me, I'm going to assume 03 would have been the Battle with Buzz song but it is absent from the ROM in both GB and SGB forms. He never explained why it was never included. He never answered how he got the music used in the console versions since the GB and SGB modes obviously used them when porting.

Improve jumping (the jumping physics in this game are terrible. This makes the initial ground jump easier to pull off and slightly less clunky)
                    001-BEC-C4E

Skip intro screens
                    EA2-9FF-D5D
                    EA2-A9F-D5D
                    EA2-B3F-D5D
                    EA2-BEF-D5D
                    EA2-C9F-D5D
                    EA2-D4F-D5D
                    "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                      Universal enable all menu options for all games 
                      (Switch off the effects after you've entered the menu, allowing you to make any changes including setting the controller scheme for the entirety of your sitting.
                      This has been tested and works if using an unaltered Game Genie aside from cutting the tabs to allow the Super Game Boy to fit.
                      Untested but Should work if using the original Super Game Boy BIOS cartridge revisions. Games will still swap palettes back if they change.)
                      622D-0D0F
                      6229-6DAD
                      6228-D7A4
                      6223-D40F
                      6238-DFAD
                      Let me know if this code does not work for the Super Game Boy 1.
                      Last edited by nensondubois; 01-30-2016, 10:01:29 PM. Reason: Better description
                      "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Load region incompatibility message.

Code:
                        Game Genie
                        D162-04DD

PAR
                        0081D806

This message is displayed in the first Japanese revision of the Super Game Boy BIOS when attempting to play the cartridge in a PAL SNES console.

All later Super Game Boy 1 and 2 BIOS revisions at this region error screen. Nintendo probably came to their senses and scrapped regional incompatibility since the Game Boy is regionally compatible with any game. Nintendo also never bothered updating the screen for the Super Game Boy 2 using the rainbow font.

Text for the message can also be found at 0x3F98A
                        I actually have a really interesting idea for this code.

Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:22:58 PM.
                        "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                          Super Game Boy 2 (not tested with Super Game Boy 1 BIOS revisions. The code doesn't work with the Game Genie though it should. Need to figure out why it only works with my PAR MK3 cartridge. Also need to find my notes on this because there are a few glitches with the unfinished OBJ_TRN mode such as the menus only showing once you hold down B or make a selection. Games do not send CHR and display currently loaded SNES VRAM on the screen.

Enable SNES OBJ_TRN mode

Game Genie
                          D560-070D

PAR
                          00814D07
                          Last edited by nensondubois; 06-21-2016, 11:48:36 PM. Reason: VIDEO FINALLY!
                          "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Super Mario Bros. 2/Super Mario USA

Code:
                            Can enter first door in 1-1 (The game simply sends you back to the entry point from where the game initially places you because there is no valid warp pointer. Instead of outright hanging the game indefinitely, this is what happens if you were to enter the very first door in the game.)
                            YXKAPPTI
                            AKKAZPAP
                            Mystery solved for those who always wondered where that door leads. I know I did.

Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:23:58 PM.
                            "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                              Lost World Jurassic Park.gb

Access unused cutscenes by pressing Up in cutscene viewer
                              ??6-F2B-A2E

14 - Ending
                              18 - Unused 2
                              Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:24:57 PM. Reason: 15 is not unused; it is the stegosaurus death cutscene
                              "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

• Code:
                                Lost World Jurassic Park.gb

Universal Music Modifier
                                3E0-96B-7F1
                                ??0-97B-197
                                01 - Level Theme 1 (Labs)
                                02 - Level Theme 2 (Caves)
                                03 - Level Theme 3 (Jungle)
                                05 - Unused Jingle (Possibly was intended for Game Over screen)
                                06 - Level Theme 4 (Leaving Island)
                                07 - Ending
                                Last edited by nensondubois; 03-25-2016, 04:25:20 PM.
                                "Roll The Bones" - Rush

Comment

Working...
                                X