No announcement yet.

New Game Genie, N64, GC, Wii, & PS2 Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new passwords for Techno Clash (Genesis). Have already submitted these to GameFAQs.

001TLAG2 = Start on level 2 with 25 of everything.
    002TLAG2 = Start on level 3 with 25 of everything.
    003TLAG2 = Start on level 4 with 25 of everything.
    004TLAG2 = Start on level 5 with 25 of everything.
    005TLAG2 = Start on level 6 with 25 of everything.
    006TLAG2 = Start on level 7 with 25 of everything.
    007TLAG2 = See game ending and credits.

Note that the first 2 digits of the passwords are the number zero.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-02-2013, 12:23:29 PM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Gauntlet 4 (Aug 1993 version) Genesis

AW3T-AA84
      Enemies don't move (grey or white ghosts). May work on other enemies as well.

AW8A-AA6Y
      Enemies don't move (brown grunts). May work on other enemies as well.

Comment

• "Enemies don't move", another sorta originalish type of code, or at least not commonly seen... usually it's "No enemies". Nice job. It would be interesting to see where some enemies 'starting points' are in games. Meaning, in normal gameplay, when you approach an enemy, the enemy is usually already moving towards you. So in some games, it might be interesting to see where the developers decided to place the original starting point of an enemy. Want to make more for some NES classics or whatever games you desire. This code actually would be most useful for Zelda games and other similar type of games. This way, 'grinding' is easier and quicker.
        Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 09-04-2013, 12:23:06 AM.
        Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

• Tony

Super Mario Bros. 3 (J)

Jump in Midair
          Re-Enterable Levels Beaten By Mario
          Re-Enterable Mushroom Houses Beaten By Mario
          Turns All Bricks Into Coins
          Many Blocks Will Have Infinite Multiple Coins Inside Them
          Infinite Time [Works On All Levels]
          Coin For A 1 Up
          Re-Enter Levels Beaten By Mario
          Re-Enter Mushroom Houses Beaten By Mario
          Slower Timer
          Press B to Raise P Meter While Standing

Ninja Gaiden III

Infinite Continues
          Start with 5 Lives

Hoshi no Kirby

Start with 9 lives
          Infinite energy
          All Levels Beaten
          Start in Debug Room

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
            "Enemies don't move", another sorta originalish type of code, or at least not commonly seen... usually it's "No enemies". Nice job. It would be interesting to see where some enemies 'starting points' are in games. Meaning, in normal gameplay, when you approach an enemy, the enemy is usually already moving towards you. So in some games, it might be interesting to see where the developers decided to place the original starting point of an enemy. Want to make more for some NES classics or whatever games you desire. This code actually would be most useful for Zelda games and other similar type of games. This way, 'grinding' is easier and quicker.
            The "Enemies don't move" codes are a big help with Gauntlet 4. And you're right, you can see where enemies start at. In Gauntlet 4 for example, when you first start the game you are attacked by 3 enemies, but like you said, they are in motion when you see them. With the code on, you can see exactly where the developer's put them. I'm only working on Genesis games right now, but I will see if I can think of any other games that would benefit.

Originally posted by retrogamer View Post
            Tony

Super Mario Bros. 3 (J)

Jump in Midair
            Re-Enterable Levels Beaten By Mario
            Re-Enterable Mushroom Houses Beaten By Mario
            Turns All Bricks Into Coins
            Many Blocks Will Have Infinite Multiple Coins Inside Them
            Infinite Time [Works On All Levels]
            Coin For A 1 Up
            Re-Enter Levels Beaten By Mario
            Re-Enter Mushroom Houses Beaten By Mario
            Slower Timer
            Press B to Raise P Meter While Standing

Ninja Gaiden III

Infinite Continues
            Start with 5 Lives

Hoshi no Kirby

Start with 9 lives
            Infinite energy
            All Levels Beaten
            Start in Debug Room
            Only working on Genesis games right now.

Comment

• I used to play the shit out of this game. Will be fun to play the game again after all these years and figure out useful codes. This game was very difficult, and I almost always lost. Payback time. :-)

688 Attack Sub (Genesis)

EJCT-AA24
              Master code (improved). Only use if you get a blank/red screen. Probably not needed on real hardware.

NWBT-AA62
              No cavitation. Makes your sub quieter (harder for enemy to find you).

Comment

• I used to play the shit out of this game. Will be fun to play the game again after all these years and figure out useful codes. This game was very difficult, and I almost always lost.
                I can't even figure out how to play this game, heh. I hope the cartridge came with a detailed instruction manual. It would be probably one of the only manuals that need to be read before playing.
                Now broadcasting from the underground command post. Deep in the bowels of a hidden bunker. Somewhere under the brick & steel of a nondescript building. We've once again made contact w/ our leader, OSG

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
                  I can't even figure out how to play this game, heh. I hope the cartridge came with a detailed instruction manual. It would be probably one of the only manuals that need to be read before playing.
                  lol. I had the same problem. To exit some screens (like where your orders are printed out), move the pointer all the way to the top left corner and "Exit" will appear. I was stuck for 10 minutes before I figured that one out. Before you can start a mission, you must visit the radio room which is on the far left side.

I remember having trouble figuring out how to play the game, so I rented a 2nd game and made a copy of the instructions.

I'm sure I'll be making more codes for this game in the next few days.
                  Last edited by Tony H; 09-06-2013, 06:55:37 AM.

Comment

• 688 Attack Sub (Genesis)

AMMA-AA3Y
                    Enemies can't see you or detect you when you surface.

Comment

ADJT-AA72
                      Unlimited speed. You can go as fast as you want, even with the periscope up. To use, you must be stopped, then click on any forward speed setting. Your speed will keep increasing until you tell it to slow down.

Comment

ALGA-AA94
                        Infinite missiles, torpedoes, and noisemakers. If you don't know where the noisemakers are, they're launched from the two auxiliary tubes.
                        Last edited by Tony H; 09-08-2013, 05:59:38 PM. Reason: Added noisemakers to the code description.

Comment

• Damn, everything in this game uses the same routine for damage. Even the barrels won't explode with this code on.

Doom 32x (JU)

$03D27A:0009 +
                          $03D2A0:0009
                          Infinite Health. Also applies to enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                            Damn, everything in this game uses the same routine for damage. Even the barrels won't explode with this code on.

Doom 32x (JU)

$03D27A:0009 +
                            $03D2A0:0009
                            Infinite Health. Also applies to enemies.
                            There is a god mode cheat for this game that should be setting a flag when activated. If you can find the flag, you may be able to get a break on read when getting attacked, and make it so the following branch always reflects the god mode state without actually being in god mode. I've read that if you use the god mode cheat for this game, that it will not let you pass level 15, but if your just changing that one branch to be immune to attack, the game should not detect the cheat as active when the next flag check is done on level 15. I may have a look at it when I get home if it runs in MESS. The cheat can be found here.
                            Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

• I tried activating the God mode, as well as some of the other cheats, but couldn't get any of them to work on an emulator. I remember using the cheats on real hardware was difficult, and usually took several tries.

I'm using CE to make codes for 32x games, which I hate doing because CE will show me roughly where in the ROM the address is being changed, but then I have to look at raw SH2 assembly in the ROM with a hex editor and try and figure out what's what. 32x codes would be much easier if I was able to see the actual assembly and registers. Do 32x ROMs run in MESS?
                              Last edited by Tony H; 09-13-2013, 06:42:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                                I tried activating the God mode, as well as some of the other cheats, but couldn't get any of them to work on an emulator. I remember using the cheats on real hardware was difficult, and usually took several tries.

I'm using CE to make codes for 32x games, which I hate doing because CE will show me roughly where in the ROM the address is being changed, but then I have to look at raw SH2 assembly in the ROM with a hex editor and try and figure out what's what. 32x codes would be much easier if I was able to see the actual assembly and registers. Do 32x ROMs run in MESS?
                                Yes it appears to run just fine in MESS (I was just letting the game run the demo, and it had no problems), along with the debugger being able to initialize cheats, watchpoints, breakpoints, etc.. with no problems either. If i have time this evening (watching my kid atm), I'll see what I can find if you are unable to find it.
                                Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

Working...
                                X