X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Originally posted by Hacc View Post
    You have to enable the 'Perfect Synchro' (Gens) and 'Perfect Sync' (Kega Fusion) options to get the game running. I used Gens+ v0.0.9.61 to hack the game. This version can run in 32-bit mode without the damaging swap effect of the normal Gens.
    Thanks. First game I tried was Cliffhanger, and it is now running also.

Originally posted by Hacc View Post
    I figured out the button cheat sequence by first locating the button counter address for the other cheats (I rarely use this method). The button counter keeps track of the input to verify the cheat (like a combination lock). You find it by first doing a search for zero (if zero doesn't work for a game, do a "!= 0" search instead). Then, you press the first button of the sequence and do a "!= 0" search afterwards (do a "!= previous value" search instead for the "!= 0" method). We get 1 result and see that the value increases by 1 (other games will increase/decrease by different amounts). Repeat the process with the next button in the sequence and so on (keep note of the correct buttons inputted when searching for new cheats). You should get the following addresses for the known cheats:

These are the correct codes by the way. The ones posted on the net are incorrect (even though they still work). This is one of the reasons why I decided to look for button cheats. To right the wrongs of the past.

Cheat Mode: Press Left, Right, Right, Up.
    Button Counter: FFD843

Extra Difficulty Levels: Press Up, Down, Left, Right.
    Button Counter: FFD847

And the code for the debug menu found by, Mezmorize. It doesn't seem to work properly. I can only access two stages/sections in the menu. There has to be a way to access the rest (if possible). I tried skipping through all of the levels in the game to see if that had any effect on the menu, and still nothing. The code will also work for the PAL version (same issue).

Debug Mode: Press Down, Down, Up, Right, Right, Up, Left, Down.
    Button Counter: FFD849

Functions:

Up or Down: Cycle stage
    Left or Right: Cycle stage section
    A, B or C: Load stage (Now: current frame; Max: total frames)
    Start: Exit menu (you'll have to re-enter the code)
    Wow, amazing as usual Hacc!
    Thanks so much for all the info you've given me.
    I have actually came across RAM address that was increasing each time you pressed a correct button.
    The first one I noticed was Firo and Klawd for PSX:

Cheat (Password) Mode open in options:
    300B273C 0004

The value is 4 cause I noticed that it went from 0 to 1 2 3 4 with each successful button press.
    I've also noticed that many systems have 'Joker Addresses', or is it all systems?

Leave a comment:

• Azathoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Mezmorize View Post
    Good to hear it worked for you.
    I didn't really think about it before, but I guess the patches would also work for non iso/mp3 rips as long as the audio is stored at the end of the disc.
    Disk image made with CDRWIN, bin + cue format, RAW option unchecked, just in case anyone else needs to know.

Leave a comment:

• Hacc
    replied
    Cobra Command

Also contains a Debug Menu, but I cant seem to emulate any of the different disc images with different emulators.

Code:
    [COLOR="Yellow"]...[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Red"]DEBUG[/COLOR]_INIT $0000040E

PRESS START BUTTON......
    GAME START......
    CONFIG MODE.....
    CONTINUE.....V
    [COLOR="Red"]DEBUG MODE[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]DEBUG MODE[/COLOR]......
    STAGE.....
    NUMBER.....N
    START.....
    EXIT
    While on the topic, here's more games that don't emulate properly (for me at least):

Code:
    Corpse Killer
    Cliffhanger
    Dracula Unleashed
    Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    You have to enable the 'Perfect Synchro' (Gens) and 'Perfect Sync' (Kega Fusion) options to get the game running. I used Gens+ v0.0.9.61 to hack the game. This version can run in 32-bit mode without the damaging swap effect of the normal Gens.

My usual method didn't work for this game (I really got tired of sifting through the data of the ISO to know for sure). So, I had to resort to another method of mines that helps in a situation like this. I can't guarantee that it will work for all games (it works for other systems, though). The following was written this morning. I wrote it to act as a tutorial, while at the same time explaining how I found the cheat for this game. I hope it helps others:

I figured out the button cheat sequence by first locating the button counter address for the other cheats (I rarely use this method). The button counter keeps track of the input to verify the cheat (like a combination lock). You find it by first doing a search for zero (if zero doesn't work for a game, do a "!= 0" search instead). Then, you press the first button of the sequence and do a "!= 0" search afterwards (do a "!= previous value" search instead for the "!= 0" method). We get 1 result and see that the value increases by 1 (other games will increase/decrease by different amounts). Repeat the process with the next button in the sequence and so on (keep note of the correct buttons inputted when searching for new cheats). You should get the following addresses for the known cheats:

These are the correct codes by the way. The ones posted on the net are incorrect (even though they still work). This is one of the reasons why I decided to look for button cheats. To right the wrongs of the past.

Cheat Mode: Press Left, Right, Right, Up.
    Button Counter: FFD843

Extra Difficulty Levels: Press Up, Down, Left, Right.
    Button Counter: FFD847

And the code for the debug menu found by, Mezmorize. It doesn't seem to work properly. I can only access two stages/sections in the menu. There has to be a way to access the rest (if possible). I tried skipping through all of the levels in the game to see if that had any effect on the menu, and still nothing. The code will also work for the PAL version (same issue).

Debug Mode: Press Down, Down, Up, Right, Right, Up, Left, Down.
    Button Counter: FFD849

Functions:

Up or Down: Cycle stage
    Left or Right: Cycle stage section
    A, B or C: Load stage (Now: current frame; Max: total frames)
    Start: Exit menu (you'll have to re-enter the code)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Good to hear it worked for you.
    I didn't really think about it before, but I guess the patches would also work for non iso/mp3 rips as long as the audio is stored at the end of the disc.

--------------------------

Terminator

Invincibility
    1st of 10 instances (maybe 10 stages?)
    Code:
    1C4E754A38FBB6660000044E7541F8F2
    Infinite Bombs (after pickup) [also 10 instances]
    Code:
    404E756100F79C3038FAE608000000
    Infinite Lives [10x once again]
    Code:
    414238FBB42E7CFFFFFFFC6100B7B8
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Wizard

I believe this game may have a debug menu or somethin'

Here's some text:
    Code:
    PUSH START BUTTON    
    MAP #0000ÿ        
    TOWN #0000ÿ        
    REAL #0000ÿ      
    STATUS #0000ÿ        
    KING #0000ÿ       
    DEBUG #0000ÿ        
    FLAG #0000ÿ        
    MODE #0006
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 01-05-2011, 04:31:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Azathoth
    replied
    The patch is only for the version up here by the way.
    I'm not sure what version that is, I applied it to the image made from my original disk and it worked without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Originally posted by keeper7 View Post
    Mezmorize,
    This weekend I tested the following games:

Chuck Rock II: Son of Chuck (U)
    At Lively Lava stage there are some higher platforms. If you fall into lava you won't be able to jump and reach them. Since you can't die you'll need to reset or load save state.
    Damn, I guess that could go for many different games though.
    If it were any other system, I could just put out a code to un-do the hack (while it's on), too bad Alt+G does nothing for the Sega CD in Fusion.

Mickeymania (U)
    Infinite Lives now works for entire Steamboat Willie stage.
    Other stages you still lose lives.
    Damn. If you want me to make codes for each level, upload them somewhere (like MU) and I'll do it.

Oh yeah...thanks for Corpse Killer Invincibility.
    I haven't fully tested it yet because you need to play same stage over and over again until you get a good amount of bullets to kill the bosses.
    So far is working great!!!
    Good to hear. The first code seemed to work only when you are not shooting.
    Truthfully, I believe I still received damage just one time, somehow.
    I played up until a screen with a bunch of videos came up, but didn't play anymore after that.

Originally posted by Azathoth View Post
    Congratulations Mezmorize, AFAIK that debug mode has never been found in The Ninja Warriors. I'll be trying it out later tonight!
    The patch is only for the version up here by the way.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, meant to say that I'll get back to hackin' Sega CD tomorrow, I have a massive headache tonight.
    I'm so slow lately 'cause I'm back on 10 hour days, so that's 2 less hours of my hackin' time >.<
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 01-04-2011, 03:41:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Thanks!
    I got lucky once again.
    Too bad it's not more robust.

Leave a comment:

• Azathoth
    replied
    Congratulations Mezmorize, AFAIK that debug mode has never been found in The Ninja Warriors. I'll be trying it out later tonight!

Leave a comment:

• keeper7
    replied
    Mezmorize,
    This weekend I tested the following games:

Chuck Rock II - Son of Chuck (U)
    Invulnerability [OK]
    Note 1: Only works on normal difficulty.
    Note 2: At Lively Lava stage there are some higher platforms. If you fall into lava you won't be able to jump and reach them. Since you can't die you'll need to reset or load save state.
    Note 3: Sometimes you'll stop to blink and become invisible for the rest of the game making impossible to play.

Invincibility [OK]
    Note: Only works on normal difficulty.

Infinite Lives [OK]

Chuck Rock (U)
    The hex strings for (U) version is different.
    Invincibility (2nd instance) [OK]
    364A6A0833FC

Infinite Lives [OK]
    466A0460

Mickeymania (U)
    Infinite Lives now works for entire Steamboat Willie stage.
    Other stages you still lose lives.

Mad Dog McCree (U)
    Infinite Bullets [OK]
    Infinite Lives [OK]

Starblade (U)
    Infinite Shield
    (After first light speed the game freezes. I changed next byte to the left but it did not work. Actually game freezes before light speed.)

Infinite Credits [OK]

That's it.

Oh yeah...thanks for Corpse Killer Invincibility.
    I haven't fully tested it yet because you need to play same stage over and over again until you get a good amount of bullets to kill the bosses.
    So far is working great!!!
    Last edited by keeper7; 01-03-2011, 11:17:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    The ROM value of 0x60 equals out to be 45 MPH.
    The value 0xFF makes the speed dial go off the charts, it's hard to say how fast really.

I thought it was pretty funny that you get towed at a faster speed than you can travel by default (45 MPH).

I once tried a re-writable disc on the PS1 and it didn't work, doubtful it will for an older system.

Edit:
    The decimal value of 96 (RAM) = 45 MPH so you can kinda guess...
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 12-31-2010, 07:45:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jarun
    replied
    O.o How fast does the bus go with the max speed code?

(anyone know if CDRWs work on the Sega CD? I haven't had time to try)

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors (Desert Bus)

The following 2 hacks go together with the above one (Never Have To Correct The Bus's Direction).

Speed Does Not Decrease From Letting Go Of The Gas
    Same as before if manually patching, find the string and replace the byte before it to 00
    Code:
    6fea6406427900ff6fea4e75303900ff6ffa
    Max Speed Modifier
    Default hex value before this string is 0x60, change the 60 to FF for the maximum effect...
    Code:
    0000ff6fea4e7504
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corpse Killer (32X)

Invincibility
    Code:
    0C780001F5EA6a000010
    Invincibility part 2
    Code:
    6000000a6100005855
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 12-30-2010, 10:29:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors (Desert Bus)

Info:
    Desert Bus was a minigame included in the unreleased 1995 video game "Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors". Here is an excerpt regarding Desert Bus:

The objective of the game is to drive a bus from Tucson, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada in real time at a maximum speed of 45mph. The feat requires 8 hours of continuous play to complete, since the game cannot be paused.

The bus contains no passengers, and there is no scenery or other traffic on the road. The bus veers to the right slightly; as a result, it is impossible to tape down a button to go do something else and have the game end properly. If the bus veers off the road it will stall and be towed back to Tucson, also in real time. If the player makes it to Las Vegas, they will score exactly one point. The player then gets the option to make the return trip to Tucson—for another point (a decision they must make in a few seconds or the game ends). Players may continue to make trips and score points as long as their endurance holds out. Some players who have completed the trip have also noted that, although the scenery never changes, a bug splats on the windscreen about five hours through the first trip, and on the return trip the light does fade, with differences at dusk, and later a pitch black road where the player is guided only with headlights.

Penn Jillette commented in his radio show that the overly realistic nature of the game was in response to Janet Reno and the controversy surrounding violent video games at the time.
    Never Have To Correct The Bus's Direction (You never go into 'off-road' mode from veering to the right side).
    Code:
    33FC000100FF6FD061002DF0
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 12-30-2010, 03:35:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Battle Frenzy

Invincibility
    Code:
    3d400108
    --------------------------------------

Puggsy

Invulnerability
    Infinite Lives

Seems you can't alter anything in the ISO or it won't get past the Psycnosis logo...

Ninja Warriors

Debug Mode

It's under the last option on the Main Menu, press Start to select it.

1st Instance; Value=0xB6
    Code:
    Invulnerability (1st Instance) [Blink]
    Code:
    66041cbc0002522e000f
    Infinite Time
    Code:
    4e754ab9
    Invincibility
    Code:
    6404426e

Soul Star

Invulnerability
    Code:
    045338632C
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 12-28-2010, 05:28:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmorize
    replied
    Star Blade

Attached is a PPF patch for the Infinite Shields code above.

Here's the application for applying PPF patches:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...pf-o-matic.cfm

I'll continue to use .ips when I can, since a single byte patch is smaller using ips instead of ppf.

Infinite Credits
    Code:
    60b261005c
    ------------------------------------------------

Here's the app I use for making and applying the patches now:

Download:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2S74O8CW
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mezmorize; 12-27-2010, 01:14:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X