Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xenoblade Chronicles Shop Editor. Will patch the changes to your iso file.

Can add whatever you want for purchase in the Colony 9 shop, including the Debug Sword and other unused items (3700 different Weapons, Armor, Gems, Art, etc to choose from).

Can change the prices of some of the individual weapons and armor in the Colony 9 shop.

Lets you globally change buying or selling prices for everything in the game, in any shop, with one adjustment. If you set the buying percentage to zero, everything in the game will be free (all prices show up as zero). Can adjust buying and selling prices separately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	XenobladeShopEdit.png
Views:	270
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	215739

Can download from my site, or from RHDN (has a full description): http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1645/
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

This program will try to find tables in your ROM/ISO file. Examples of tables it can find: Prices of items for sale, weapon damage amounts, armor defense amounts, enemy HP amounts, etc.

It uses a relatively simple idea for finding tables, but the process is very time consuming if you do it manually. This program automates it, making the process much faster.

Will work on most systems, including: Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, and many others.

Lets you select which type of searching you want it to do: 16 or 32 bit, and big or little endian.

You can adjust the ROM/ISO address where it starts searching from. This is useful for systems that use the beginning of the ROM/ISO for a header, boot section, etc.

Has a button that lets you dump all of the ROM/ISO address info into a text file, which includes the name of the game, the value you searched for, all of the ROM/ISO addresses it found, as well as their corresponding numbers (used to determine which is the correct address).

Can get it from my site (shortly), or from RHDN: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1649/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony H View Post
        This program will try to find tables in your ROM/ISO file. Examples of tables it can find: Prices of items for sale, weapon damage amounts, armor defense amounts, enemy HP amounts, etc.
        It uses a relatively simple idea for finding tables, but the process is very time consuming if you do it manually. This program automates it, making the process much faster.
        Will work on most systems, including: Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, NES, SNES, N64, Game Cube, Wii, and many others.
        Lets you select which type of searching you want it to do: 16 or 32 bit, and big or little endian.
        You can adjust the ROM/ISO address where it starts searching from. This is useful for systems that use the beginning of the ROM/ISO for a header, boot section, etc.
        Has a button that lets you dump all of the ROM/ISO address info into a text file, which includes the name of the game, the value you searched for, all of the ROM/ISO addresses it found, as well as their corresponding numbers (used to determine which is the correct address).

Can get it from my site (shortly), or from RHDN: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1649/
        and to register your values in the hex editor or I just didn't find where to write my value?
        Last edited by Drakula1912; 10-22-2021, 07:37:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakula1912 View Post
          and to register your values in the hex editor or I just didn't find where to write my value?
          I'm not sure what your question is. If you're asking where to write the value, you would enter it where it says "Enter value". The folder called "Example" in the zip file has screenshots showing where to type in your value, and other info. There is also a text file included called "Table Finder Info.txt" that has instructions and other info, as well as the buttons in the program itself (Help/Info, instructions, etc).

EDIT: If you're asking where to write the value once you have run the program and figured out the correct ROM/ISO address, you can use a hex editor and go to the ROM/ISO address that you got from the program and change the value there to whatever value you want. If it's a Genesis game or other game that can use Game Genie codes, you can use the ROM address to make a Game Genie code.
          Last edited by Tony H; 10-22-2021, 03:52:55 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure what your question is. If you're asking where to write the value, you would enter it where it says "Enter value". The folder called "Example" in the zip file has screenshots showing where to type in your value, and other info. There is also a text file included called "Table Finder Info.txt" that has instructions and other info, as well as the buttons in the program itself (Help/Info, instructions, etc).

EDIT: If you're asking where to write the value once you have run the program and figured out the correct ROM/ISO address, you can use a hex editor and go to the ROM/ISO address that you got from the program and change the value there to whatever value you want. If it's a Genesis game or other game that can use Game Genie codes, you can use the ROM address to make a Game Genie code.
            you can do in future versions so that the file name differs from the original Rom of the modified Rom?
            Last edited by Drakula1912; 10-23-2021, 01:56:30 AM.

Comment

you can do in future versions so that the file name differs from the original Rom of the modified Rom?
              You can change the name of the file you're saving to anything you want. The only exception is that it won't allow you to name the new file with the same name as the original file. I did that to keep the original file safe, so you don't accidentally overwrite the original ROM/ISO.

A couple things I may add in a future release, is the ability to write to the correct ROM/ISO address with whatever value you choose. This would mean that you wouldn't have to use a hex editor at all. May also add an option to turn the correct ROM address into a Game Genie code for systems that support Game Genie codes.
              Last edited by Tony H; 10-23-2021, 12:08:48 PM.

Comment

As I understand it, it will not be possible to completely abandon the hexadecimal editor as far as I know, the Game Genie has a limit of 2 bytes, but at least the Sega Genesis megadrive definitely has one more small question Why are all your programs without icons? It's inconvenient to navigate the taskbar, thank you for the set of programs for the Sega Genesis Mega Drive, I use them constantly

Comment

As I understand it, it will not be possible to completely abandon the hexadecimal editor as far as I know, the Game Genie has a limit of 2 bytes, but at least the Sega Genesis megadrive definitely has one more small question Why are all your programs without icons? It's inconvenient to navigate the taskbar, thank you for the set of programs for the Sega Genesis Mega Drive, I use them constantly
                  They all come with a default icon, and I have no problems when using them. I'm probably not going to take the time to make different icons for each program, if that's what you're asking. Glad you are able to put the Genesis programs to good use.

Comment

Thanks but I can't download it from http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1649/

Because the captcha 7EEB73B9 is not working. Please add that file in your "code hut" site. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by ghlover View Post

Thanks but I can't download it from http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1649/

Because the captcha 7EEB73B9 is not working. Please add that file in your "code hut" site. Thanks a lot.
                      Just added the ROM/ISO Table Finder program to my site.

Comment

You can change the name of the file you're saving to anything you want. The only exception is that it won't allow you to name the new file with the same name as the original file. I did that to keep the original file safe, so you don't accidentally overwrite the original ROM/ISO.

A couple things I may add in a future release, is the ability to write to the correct ROM/ISO address with whatever value you choose. This would mean that you wouldn't have to use a hex editor at all. May also add an option to turn the correct ROM address into a Game Genie code for systems that support Game Genie codes.
                        can you make the minimum number 20 in a future version? to search?

Comment

can you make the minimum number 20 in a future version? to search?
                          The reason why the minimum number to search is set at 21, is that since there are up to 20 possible ROM/ISO addresses that it can find at a time, there would be a possibility that the value you were searching for wouldn't get changed if the minimum value was set at 20 (or lower).

Let's say you have something in a shop that costs $20, and you enter 20 as your search value, and it happens that it's the 20th match. The program would set it's new value to 20, which is exactly what it's value was to begin with, so you would never know that it had found your address.

I suppose I could make an option where you would use search values 20 and under, and the program would change the new values to something over 20 so you would see a change. May add that in the future.

Another problem with allowing values that low is that there are typically a lot more matches the lower the search value goes. Really low values can sometimes have hundreds or thousands of matches. I have some ideas on how to make the search process a bit smarter, so may add that in the future as well.

Comment

The reason why the minimum number to search is set at 21, is that since there are up to 20 possible ROM/ISO addresses that it can find at a time, there would be a possibility that the value you were searching for wouldn't get changed if the minimum value was set at 20 (or lower).

Let's say you have something in a shop that costs $20, and you enter 20 as your search value, and it happens that it's the 20th match. The program would set it's new value to 20, which is exactly what it's value was to begin with, so you would never know that it had found your address.

I suppose I could make an option where you would use search values 20 and under, and the program would change the new values to something over 20 so you would see a change. May add that in the future.

Another problem with allowing values that low is that there are typically a lot more matches the lower the search value goes. Really low values can sometimes have hundreds or thousands of matches. I have some ideas on how to make the search process a bit smarter, so may add that in the future as well.
                            in most cases, as I understand it, 20 damage is taken away, I ask that it be easier to look for the number of lost health, the best tool I have seen

Comment

Just added the ROM/ISO Table Finder program to my site.
                              Do you intend to make tools for other games too in 2022 (this year) ?

Comment

Originally posted by ghlover View Post

Do you intend to make tools for other games too in 2022 (this year) ?
                                Yes. I'm currently working on an editor for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2). So far I have weapon adjustments, vehicle adjustments, Cop car/motorcycle adjustments, etc.

Also thinking about doing a tool for controller button cheats. It would let you enter a known controller button cheat, and the tool would tell you where the button sequence is located in the ROM/ISO file, and thinking about giving you the option of reducing the number of buttons needed to activate the cheat to just one or two button presses. Also thinking about having it search for other controller button cheats in the game that may be undocumented. I've started on it, but haven't really done much yet.
                                Last edited by Tony H; 01-07-2022, 10:04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X