New Game Genie, N64, GC, Wii, & PS2 Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Tony H - You are my favorite person on this site. Thank you so much for everything you do.

1.1 is necessary to fix a SRAM bug on the PicoDrive emulator that I use on handhelds. I used your amazing tool for all but the first two of these. I went hunting for the offsets on them and tested these successfully.

Start a new game with 9 lives (works on any empty save slot).
    1.0 BHXT-CAFR
    1.1 BFCA-NAD4

Infinite lives.
    1.0 REKT-E604
    1.1 RG7T-C6Y8

Invincibility lasts 5x as long when hit (can adjust code to any value you want).
    1.0 FX7T-ACA0
    1.1 FX5T-ACGJ

Infinite health.
    1.0 RH7T-A6VC
    1.1 RH5T-A60Y

Coins/money pick-ups are worth 5.
    1.0 JGKT-FYVW
    1.1 JE7T-FY0W

Always have 999 coins after your first coin pick-up.
    1.0 JLKT-EA3T
    1.1 JJ7T-EA8T
    Kyle, thanks so much for posting these codes for version 1.1.

Since the code porting tool definitely has room for improvement, I'd like to ask a question. I don't have ver 1.1, so I can't test this myself.

You mentioned that the code porting tool worked on the last 4 codes, but didn't work on the first two. Did the tool give you a Game Genie code for those first two codes and the codes didn't work, or did it not find a code?

If it found a code but it didn't work, then that's probably because the program stops searching after the first match. If this is the case, then I will probably update it so that it will show all matches/codes.

P.S. Your GGG program is the gold standard for patching ROMs. Fantastic work!
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-08-2021, 12:39:17 PM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• I'll get you a good response to this later tonight - with the hex values so you can see the code. It did not produce a result for either code. I ended up doing trial and error to find similar values until I found the offset that worked.

It would be really cool to see all potential results. If you need a 1.1 rom, you can get it from Steam. The install directory has a rom.bin that is the full game. If you have a Steam account PM me and I can get it for you also.

Do you have an instant messenger or something outside of the forum? I would be happy to talk to you.

Comment

• I sent you a PM.

I've been thinking of how I could improve the tool when it doesn't find any matches. It has a fixed search pattern length of 12 bytes. I could make it so that the number of bytes that it is searching for could be adjusted to a lower number, but then it might find too many irrelevant matches. Having it use more than 12 bytes in the search would be helpful if there were lots of matches. Will have to do some testing.
        Last edited by Tony H; 09-08-2021, 06:58:40 PM.

Comment

• A quick update on why the Game Genie Code Porting Tool didn't work with the two different versions of Demons of Asteborg with the first two codes (Start with 9 lives and infinite lives). They changed the RAM address for lives, which threw off the pattern search.

I tested it with fewer bytes in the search pattern, and I got 24 matches for the start with 9 lives code, and 14 matches with the infinite lives code. That's probably too many codes for most people to want to test until they find the one that works. However, I think I will still make an updated version that will show all matches (or maybe an adjustable amount), and an option to have more or less bytes in the search pattern.

Comment

• Demons of Asteborg (Version 1.1) (Genesis) Game Genie

AK2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Fields level (works on any empty save slot).

AP2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Cemetery level (works on any empty save slot).

AV2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Forest level (works on any empty save slot).

AZ2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Marsh level (works on any empty save slot).

A32T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Cave level (works on any empty save slot).

A72T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Mountain level (works on any empty save slot).

BB2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Castle level (works on any empty save slot).

BF2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the Gate level (works on any empty save slot).

BK2T-NACA
            Start a new game on the ???/Lost Dimension level (works on any empty save slot).

BP2T-NACA
            Start a new game to see the credits (works on any empty save slot).

AB2T-NACA
            Start a new game on a never ending level (works on any empty save slot).

EDIT: Added
            Last edited by Tony H; 09-21-2021, 12:11:58 PM.

Comment

• Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) (USA/SX4E01) Gecko

Everything for sale is free in all shops.
              041EE828 1C7E0000

Get a lot more money when selling anything (usually twice as much as what you paid for it, instead of the normal 10%).
              041C96A8 1C7F00C8

Added.

Comment

• Warsong (Genesis) Game Genie

AN9A-DT68
                All characters can choose from all three troops (some, like Garett, normally only have one to choose from early in the game). If you are starting a new game, note that when you get to the first troop selection screen, you may notice that the 2nd and 3rd troops for Garett are funny looking. You must move the cursor over to Baldarov, then back to Garett and everything will look and work normally. If you decide to select the funny looking troops, you will get Lizard Man for your troops (for free).

J09T-EAHG +
                J49T-EAHJ
                Garett can choose from 3 different troops instead of just one when starting a new game, and he can choose from the Soldier, Merman, or Gryphon (can modify codes to choose any troops you want). You can change which troops by modifying the codes. Some examples: 0041 = Soldier, 0042 = Horseman, 0043 = Archer, 0044 = Monk, 0045 = Merman, 0046 = Gryphon, etc.

Added

Comment

• Warsong (Genesis) Game Genie

AJSA-CA8W
                  Can equip the same item to multiple characters, that means you can have 8 commanders all equipped with the Dragon Slayer, the Warsong, etc.

AJ0T-CA5A
                  Don't lose all your money when you use the "get all items" cheat.

SA0T-DAXA
                  Gain 8 dollars when you use the "get all items" cheat (instead of losing all your money).

1VYT-AEG4
                  Start a new game with twice as much money ($700).

VBYT-BGG4
                  Start a new game with $5,000.

AJ7A-CA88
                  Don't get charged when you buy soldiers. Also, if you sell soldiers back, you'll get extra money. It may also work when you buy/sell items.

Added.
                  Last edited by Tony H; 10-09-2021, 12:21:14 PM.

Comment

• Shadowrun (Genesis) Game Genie

BP7A-LAAR +
                    BK7A-LAA2
                    Maximum total number of clips you can have is 10 (instead of 20).

D77A-LAAR +
                    D37A-LAA2
                    Maximum total number of clips you can have is 30 (instead of 20).

Added

Comment

• New controller button cheats for Darius (2019) (Sega Genesis mini version)

EDIT: Also works with Darius Extra (Genesis)

Enter these cheats at the title screen using controller 1...

R, L, R, L, B, B, B, B, L = Enables Debug/level select. "DEBUG" will show up near the bottom of the screen when entered correctly. Use Left or Right to select your starting level at the level select screen. During gameplay: Press X for invincibility. Press Y to fill your missiles, bombs, and Arm. Press Z during gameplay to skip to the final boss.

R, L, R, L, B, B, B, B, R = Turns off Debug mode.

R, L, B, R, L, B, L, R, B = Enables Arcade Mode. "ARCADE MODE" will show up when entered correctly. Press X to insert coin. Arcade Mode forces you to use Proco, has no pause, resets to the beginning of Zone A upon credit usage and locks you to the original Arcade bosses setting. Thanks to Barone for this Arcade Mode description.
                      Last edited by Tony H; 01-13-2022, 01:42:19 PM.

Comment

• More controller cheats for Darius (2019) Genesis. Cheats will also work on Darius Extra (Genesis).

Enter this cheat at the title screen using controller 1...

L, R, B, L, R, B, R, L, B = Enables Music and Sound test options in the Option menu. Remember to enter this cheat at the title screen, doesn't appear to make any confirmation noise but does reset the screen when entered correctly.

-------------------

Enter this cheat when the game is paused using controller 1...

B, A, B, A, B, C, B = Keep pressing Y when paused to refill all your weapons/power ups. Will make a sound when cheat is entered correctly. Must enter the cheat every time you want to use it. Does not work in Arcade mode.

Comment

• Darius (2019) Genesis (Game Genie)

ABVT-NA7Y +
                          ABRT-NA9G
                          Invincibility (non-flashing type).

AV7A-JA5G
                          Invincibility once you're hit (flashing type).

AV7A-JA5G +
                          AWGA-JA5T
                          Invincibility (flashing type), must turn on code before you start the level.

B3PT-NA5J
                          Hit enemies from anywhere (works best with forward shooting gun (A/C buttons).

RFZA-L6XG
                          Infinite lives.

CRLX-9EC2
                          Adds a hidden item in Option menu (Hyper Arm hitbox size). Has only been tested at the start of a new game.

AN4A-MA2A +
                          AJ4A-LA2C
                          Adds 3 hidden items in Option menu (Hyper Arm hitbox size, music test, and sound test).

99PX-8AWW
                          Press A at title screen to enable Arcade mode (must reset game with code turned on). "ARCADE MODE" will show up when you press A. Press X to insert coin.

99PX-9ACJ
                          Press B at title screen to enable Debug mode (must reset game with code turned on). "DEBUG" will show up near the bottom of the screen when you press B. Use Left or Right to select your starting level at the level select screen. During gameplay: Press X for invincibility. Press Y to fill your missiles, bombs, and Arm. Press Z during gameplay to skip to the final boss.

Added.
                          Last edited by Tony H; 01-15-2022, 07:34:37 PM.

Comment

• A request fill:

Radical Rex (Genesis) Game Genie

A0XT-2AHA
                            Start a new game with 5 continues (instead of 1).

ALYT-2A7N
                            Infinite continues.

Added

Comment

• Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Genesis) Game Genie

H9KA-MST2 +
                              B9MT-LAB8
                              Enable all three cheats (Cheats, Secrets, and Killer Codes) by pressing the Mode button at the title screen (where it says Start/Options). Don't press any other buttons before you press Mode.

MHKA-MST2
                              Enable all three cheats (Cheats, Secrets, and Killer Codes) by pressing Up button at the title screen (where it says Start/Options). Don't press any other buttons before you press Up.

Added
                              Last edited by Tony H; 03-28-2022, 09:56:57 AM.

Comment

• Tony H, can you add to database the Game Genie Codes that I provided in 6 requests for the game Monster World IV (Japan)?

Comment

Working...
                                X