Xirtamehtsitahw's Hacking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameCube's Digimon Rumble Arena 2: My Next "Zero Codes" Target

If I have my way, games with no codes will become an endangered species. I've already eliminated quite a number of them already, as well as add a number of codes to games which already had codes.

Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for GameCube has no Action Replay or Gecko codes to speak of. But...I have Cheat Engine, and it LOVES to remove the no-codes status of games without any codes. I've used it on games for PSP, PC and SNES already. Now to add GameCube to the list of trophies mounted on my wall.

This game WILL succumb to my hacking prowess. The reason I know this is because there are already PS2 codes I can use as a base to determine how to proceed with hacking the equivalent codes on GameCube (via the Dolphin Emulator on my laptop... ).

Another code-less game will soon "byte the dust"!
    Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

• Follow-up to Previous Post

Digimon Rumble Arena 2 for PS2 proved to be such a devious piece of digital garbage that it would freeze if I so much as even started up the Codebreaker ISO first. Therefore, I've given up that game, because I've decided that if a game fights so hard against you even TRYING to hack it (not even allowing you to start it up, for Pete's sake!), it isn't worth playing. And, I'm usually right on that score.

Games which try so hard to keep you from hacking them usually don't have the best gameplay, or are full of bugs (resulting, I'd wager, from all the anti-hacking measures implemented in favor of actual gameplay).

This goes in line with one of my other posts (on another thread) where I described how developers spend far too much time trying to make their games hack-proof that the actual "stuff" of the game (the gameplay and sometimes even the graphics) gets put on the back burner, much to the detriment of the game itself.

On a somewhat lighter note, I believe I've isolated one of the main causes of seemingly random game freezes: specific WRESTLERS seem to be what causes Smackdown vs. RAW 2011 (for PSP) to freeze, usually in 5- or 6-man matches. One such wrestler is Jack Swagger.

Good riddance, though, considering he isn't even wrestling right now, ostensibly due to a "hand injury" (not sure if it's kayfabe or legit). And besides, Swagger doesn't have much of a character right now, anyway. He used to be kind of funny when he was allowed to be, but his current gimmick (well, most recent one, anyway) was that he was extremely xenophobic and overprotective of his client, Zeb Colter (who isn't even wrestling anymore, as far as I know).

Comment

• Wii WWE '13 = Really good...but cannot kick out of pins!

The reason being that the darn game HIDES the pinfall meter when you're playing it on the Dolphin emulator. Even worse is the fact there is no way to switch the pinfall system back to the original style (mash the buttons fast enough and you'll kick out...to a point).

Does anyone know how to fix this glitch, or is it somehow related to using certain types of controllers (GameCube or Classic Controller)?

Comment

• Congratulations! Your Xirtamehtsitahw has evolved into...UBUNTU!

That's right--I've ditched Windows in favor of Ubuntu, but partially because I didn't have much choice. My laptop's hard drive crashed, so I had to come up with a stopgap measure to continue being able to access the Internet (besides the slow and clunky PSP interface).

I'm currently in the process of installing Ubuntu on my new 32 GB USB flash drive. I hope it runs with little or no difficulty. So far, there's been no errors, and I hope it stays that way.

I've basically ripped out my laptop's heart, then proceeded to hook it up to a blood-transfusion machine. I'm the new Dr. Frankenstein. BWA HA HA!

Comment

• I'm typing this post courtesy of one of the most bizarre OS "creatures" to have ever existed: Quirky Werewolf 7.4 (64-bit)! This thing is absolutely weird in that it is LIGHTNING-fast...despite being run entirely without an internal hard drive. That's right--the only storage media I'm using right now is in the form of 6 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 32-GB flash drive. Despite this, Quirky Werewolf (a Puppy Linux clone) runs at MUCH faster speeds than anything Windows can feebly boast of.

The secret to this insane level of speed is this: the ENTIRE OS is stored on my laptop's RAM! So, Windows can just go...jump out of itself! LOL

Comment

• Game reviews and other random discussions are nice, but this is a CWCheat Code thread. Please keep the content in this thread relative to the thread's title. Any off-topic discussions should go to the lounge.

If you fail to comply, I will relocate this thread to the lounge with a modified title.
              I only bother with things that interest me.

Comment

• What about other types of codes? Could I possibly have the title modified to reflect a more generalized hacking nature? As in, something like "xirtamehtsitahw's Hacking Thread"?

And, I might consider finding (re-hacking) and posting a whole bunch of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team CWCheat codes I hacked a couple of years ago, back when GSCentral.org was still a thing (and not some lifeless husk full of spambots like it is now).

That is...once I buy a new internal HD disk and max out my RAM with my tax return money (which will arrive in roughly 3 weeks' time). I'll be able to perform a full install of Ubuntu (then Quirky Werewolf) onto the HD disk, which would be EVEN FASTER than it is now, due to the OS being stored on the HD disk rather than the slow USB drive I have now.

Soon, this PSP hacker will be back in business!
                Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-02-2016, 02:55:24 AM.

Comment

• I changed the thread title in case you plan on making codes for a different system.

Comment

• Thanks. It'll allow me to not be off-topic if I mention issues that cause game freezes, bugs, slowdowns, and other such unpleasant phenomena that seem contrived specifically to cause aggravation (and busted laptops).

But, to the meat of my thread--I'm about to get back into the CWCheat business. Can't do it on my laptop (crashed my poor OS trying to run a PSP emulator), but my PSP's good to go. Expect to see lots of CWCheat codes for all sorts of NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, and even N64 games. Forget individual cheat devices for each of those systems. My PSP IS the cheat device! BWA HA HA!

EDIT: I've already downloaded two emulators for my PSP (SNES and GBA). Next up is an NES emulator. That should give me a TON of games to slog through in order to create a truly MASSIVE (although unorthodox) CWCheat database.

I aim to be, for CWCheat, what Tony Hedstrom was (and still IS) for the NES Game Genie.
                    Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-03-2016, 12:10:18 AM.

Comment

• Game freezes, bugs, slowdowns, etc. != game hacking. Since this thread is in the "Hacker Threads" section (where users come to post their codes), we should be seeing content based on that.

Comment

• Game freezes, bugs and glitches are sometimes the RESULTS of game hacking, so I feel they DO belong here, but you are right in that the codes causing the game freezes/bugs/glitches should also be posted as a warning NOT to use those codes.

Comment

• Originally posted by xirtamehtsitahw View Post
                          Game freezes, bugs and glitches are sometimes the RESULTS of game hacking, so I feel they DO belong here, but you are right in that the codes causing the game freezes/bugs/glitches should also be posted as a warning NOT to use those codes.

It's simple, if you have something random you wish to blurt out that doesn't involve codes, then please do it in the Lounge, Recent Generation Hacking (hacking related talk), Retro Hacking (hacking related talk), or on a blog site. Keep this thread for your codes, replies to users that may post feedback or requests, and more codes! I don't see why this is so hard for you to understand. You are in a section of the forum where hackers post their codes, so when in Rome do as the Romans do. By the way, did I mention codes?
                          Not taking any requests at this time.

Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.

Comment

Game freezes, bugs and glitches are sometimes the RESULTS of game hacking, so I feel they DO belong here, but you are right in that the codes causing the game freezes/bugs/glitches should also be posted as a warning NOT to use those codes.

If the word "codes" were a snake, you would have been bitten by TWO of them.

Please note that I don't intend this post to start a flame war or to incite a rivalry between us, Abystus, but please look more closely next time before offering criticism.

Or you might end up needing a bunch of electronic anti-venom.
                            Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-03-2016, 05:27:41 PM.

Comment

What I'm telling you to post in here outweighs what you "feel" belongs here. This is not a hard concept to grasp. Look at all of your posts. Count how many of them contain codes and how many of them do not. You'll see that you do a lot of unnecessary rambling and not a lot of game hacking.

That said, end of discussion.

Comment

• Well, consider your discussion ended. Also, I'm about to flood this site with TONS of CWCheat codes for all sorts of NES, SNES and GBA games. Might want to put on your virtual scuba gear...

First game up is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team.

First code (already): Lead Pokemon max current HP: 0x105E7C5E 0x000003E7

Edit: Second code--(better get those scuba masks on! LOL): Lead Pokemon max HP: 0x105E7C60 0x000003E7

Another Edit: Code number 3! Leader Move 1 Max PP: 0x005E7D6C 0x000000FF

Code (group) number FOUR! This will be the last update I'll make to avoid spamming up this post beyond what it is already.

Leader Move 2 Max PP: 0x005E7D74 0x000000FF
                                Leader Move 3 Max PP: 0x005E7D7C 0x000000FF*
                                Leader Move 4 Max PP: 0x005E7D84 0x000000FF*

*These codes won't appear to work until you acquire/learn moves for these slots.
                                Last edited by xirtamehtsitahw; 02-03-2016, 08:47:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X