No announcement yet.

Forum Links Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, I'm not opposed to change. I don't dislike the new style and the integration into the overall site is shaping up nicely. The only reason I requested the default theme remain available is I for one almost entirely use the forums and nothing else on the site and prefer the way notifications work and the overall appearance of the tried and true vb default theme I've been accustomed to on CMP and here since the dark themes were ditched.
    Missing LiquidManZero since 1685.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolGamer View Post
      I assumed you already knew about this but just in case...The Log In button is missing. You have to press Enter in order to log in. The old site had the Log In button that you can click with the mouse. With stored passwords, clicking the Log In button is more convenient instead of having to reach for the keyboard to click Enter. Can you add that please?
      I did already know this, and originally wanted it that way. However, the last few days I've been thinking of adding image inputs to both the login and the search forms so you have something to click instead of having to press the enter button.

As my networking prof would say, "short answer, yes".
      Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoos View Post
        For the record, I'm not opposed to change. I don't dislike the new style and the integration into the overall site is shaping up nicely. The only reason I requested the default theme remain available is I for one almost entirely use the forums and nothing else on the site and prefer the way notifications work and the overall appearance of the tried and true vb default theme I've been accustomed to on CMP and here since the dark themes were ditched.
        same for me too
        lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
        When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
        *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
        >)

Comment

I've noticed a small problem with the new forum. When you click on the little arrows for a thread that say "Go to first new post", it brings you to the first post that you haven't read yet. The problem is that it cuts off the top part of the post so you can't the the posters name or when it was posted. It's no big deal because I can just scroll up to see that info, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Here's a picture of it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	GH.png
Views:	1
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	162267
          Last edited by Tony H; 03-08-2013, 10:02:12 AM.
          The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
            I've noticed a small problem with the new forum. When you click on the little arrows for a thread that say "Go to first new post", it brings you to the first post that you haven't read yet. The problem is that it cuts off the top part of the post so you can't the the posters name or when it was posted. It's no big deal because I can just scroll up to see that info, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Here's a picture of it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2160[/ATTACH]
            That's due to the fact that we have a fixed header (the header stays at the top of the page when you scroll). The browser brings the very top of the post all the way to the very top of the page, and the header hides it a little.

I haven't really done a whole lot of research, but I don't think there's much I can do about this.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
              That's due to the fact that we have a fixed header (the header stays at the top of the page when you scroll). The browser brings the very top of the post all the way to the very top of the page, and the header hides it a little.

I haven't really done a whole lot of research, but I don't think there's much I can do about this.
              No problem. Like I said, it's not a big deal.

Also wanted to mention that I can only imagine how much work you have put into this site. It appears that 99.9% of the new site works fine, but you generally only hear about the .1% of the stuff that has problems. I appreciate all the effort you've put into the new site.
              The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

Oh and allow me to say thank you to rimsky82 for all the hard work he's done on this site!
                Last edited by bfoos; 03-08-2013, 12:18:30 PM.
                Missing LiquidManZero since 1685.

Comment

Thanks for the appreciation. It's been quite a process, and still work to do...

Comment

To All Administrators

Please dont remove "vb4 default" style.

Do not force "GH Default - New" on us

you can change default sytle in your settings
                    lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
                    When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
                    *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
                    >)

Comment

Working...
                    X