No announcement yet.

GameHacking.org Weekly Hacking Target!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GHANMI: Cool; pick one game, or I'll assume your first suggestion is your choice
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

I vote for Temple of Doom, Tengen, NES. Only a handful of Galoob codes.

http://gamehacking.org/?game=29909
      Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

How about "The World Ends With You" For the Nintendo DS?
        I'm retired from code hacking.
        I do not take requests!

Comment

i got an idea how about a set of games to cover a broader spectrum of hackers
          it could get more people participating in it.

RIP MOM 6-27-52 - 12-25-10

Comment

How about 2 to 3 games per system with some average to advanced codes with the advanced hackers ( you know who you are) only able to tackle the advanced codes. This way the average and less experienced hackers can join in otherwise it's a repeat of the previous challenges.
            Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

yeah that sounds like a good idea

RIP MOM 6-27-52 - 12-25-10

Comment

I have to say PS2 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus. Try to decrypt the game so the files are accessible.

Comment

high steal rate or 100% steal for ff7

Comment

People keep posting specific code requests. The point of this thread is to choose a game, and then hackers choose the codes to hack, using their creative minds and competitive edge.

Read post #1.
                    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

please do a nes or snes game as one of the games and I will join in. How do you know if a hack is advanced or basic?

Comment

xxphillips, my definition of a "basic" code is a code that is, but not limited to, something you can see being mutated. They are usually presented with a visual representation (life counter, health bar, etc.) of what has been altered. If a code can be found with a known value search, it could be regarded as basic. I would only consider these advanced if you're dealing with a shared routine or a multilevel pointer.

An example of an advanced code is a Walk Through Walls code. I can elaborate on this, but I don't think it's necessary.
                        I only bother with things that interest me.

Comment

I nominate High Speed for NES. Making an "Infinite Balls" code was easy, but I'd liketa see a code or codes to eliminate the ball-eating monsters.
                          I come from a smart family...In the Civil War, my great-grandpa fought for the WEST.

Comment

- Not so popular games and those with 1 or 2 codes.
                            - Different genres and available in some form to those participating. Those neglected genres such as kids and sports need love, too. *forced to say by niece and nephew with the eyes*
                            - No debuggers (optional to earn extra points or just to become harder, better, faster, stronger). A plus for some PS2 games, where the code is fully labeled.

Comment

I say Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure. The Gamecube version deserves a look as well (hence the request). The GC version only has 2 codes made for it, and the PS2 version only has 1 Codebreaker code. Considering DESA is a HEAVILY copyrighted game, I won't ask what methods will be used to 'acquire' the game.

Comment

OK, anyone who hasn't recommended a specific game should do so. I'll create the poll the day after tomorrow or so and see where the votes are
                                I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

Working...
                                X