This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rimsky82's FCEUX mod

I got tired of not being able to manipulate the compare byte in FCEUX, so I added it myself. Here's a full list of my modifications:
    • Compare byte box for viewing/editing
    • Tweaked the autonaming feature-
      • addresses less than 0x8000 will use "AAAA:VV" or "AAAA?CC:VV" format
      • otherwise the name will be the converted genie code from the values you input

• Also, if you put a genie code in the name box and don't supply any values, it decodes it and supplies the appropriate values
    • The name, address, value, and compare boxes clear after adding a code

I think that's it for now.

If FCEUX devs want patches, I can supply them. What I've done isn't hard, I'm sure they could do it themselves. They just weren't doing it.

You can suggest features, and I might be able to do them if they're not too complicated, as I'm not too fluent in C++.

The base of this mod is SVN rev 2688, which at the time of this posting is the most recent version of the program.

Enjoy.

EDIT: I submitted my changes to the dev team, and they committed them, so you can get these changes and any other future ones from future official builds.

I removed the build since it's already outdated. It had a small bug that's been fixed in the official svn.
    Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

There are lots of cheat engine requests over at the official fceux page, but whoever are the ones that are working on the emu don't pay much mind to them since their goal is to improve the movie-making part of the emu.

There's also a bug with the RAM search in FCEUX, if you hit reset without having "equal" selected, the addresses don't reset correctly and you are unable to accurately search for cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by ReyVGM View Post
      ...whoever are the ones that are working on the emu don't pay much mind to them since their goal is to improve the movie-making part of the emu.
      That has been the case for some time, but if you look at the svn log, there have been some recent changes in the debugger, sdl, and other, more main aspects of the emulator.

There's also a bug with the RAM search in FCEUX, if you hit reset without having "equal" selected, the addresses don't reset correctly and you are unable to accurately search for cheats.
      I'll take a look at that the next time I have some time to debug.

Comment

ya this is a new update because if any of you played fire emblem gaiden its a very hard time to use the gamegenie codes in so this always help

Comment

I'm not able to reproduce this bug. If you're using the same version as me, tell me exactly how I can reproduce it. It's possible you're using an older version and this bug has already been fixed.

Comment

I'm using 2.1.5

This same bug is present in all of the emu versions with the same RAM Search engine done by the TASvideos guys (SNES9X, VBA, Gens, FCEUX).

If you don't have "equal" selected when you reset the search, then you won't be able to accurately find any cheats. The list resets itself fine, but when you start making a search, for some reason you can't find what you're looking for.
            Last edited by ReyVGM; 10-02-2012, 12:38:29 AM.

Comment

First off a BIG thank you for working on this emulator also thank you for letting us ask for suggest features so here is my first one could you add Sync to monitor Refresh or Wait for Vertical Sync my LCD monitor does not like Double Buffering on this emulator the picture looks good with it but the sound pops alot the only way i can make it not pop is to set my LCD monitor to something like 70 Hertz.

eMachines ET1831-07 Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.7 GHz Desktop PC

General Features:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit pre-installed w/CoA
              Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5400 2.70 GHz processor
              2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz Front Side Bus
              NVIDIA GeForce 7050 chipset
              4 GB DDR2 memory
              750 GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
              16x DVD±RW DL Drive
              Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7050 graphics
              8-channel (7.1) high-definition audio support
              10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN
              Multi-in-one digital media card reader

Comment

Originally posted by Cibomatto2002 View Post
                ...could you add Sync to monitor Refresh or Wait for Vertical Sync my LCD monitor does not like Double Buffering on this emulator the picture looks good with it but the sound pops alot the only way i can make it not pop is to set my LCD monitor to something like 70 Hertz.
                You're welcome, but you're asking for something beyond me atm. I just meant small features having to do with the cheat features or the debugger. You'd be better off opening a bug ticket at https://sourceforge.net/p/fceultra/bugs/.

I'm not sure I'd even do much with the debugger or the tracer because one of the devs has been working on them recently.

Comment

ok well if I can think of something I will tell you.

Comment

Being able to export codes to a text file would be cool.

---

Edit

Just thought it would be awesome if codes could be moved around to make cht files more organized, I'd probably post cht files if it weren't for the fact that all of mine are very disorganized.
                    Last edited by CRACKdown; 10-06-2012, 05:46:28 PM.

Comment

Maybe you could add this or not but could you add like a hot key for codes. Let's say i want more time on a game all i would have to do is press a key on the keyboard. It would be nice if someone could make a good cheat guide for this emulator like how to make moon jump codes when I make moon jumps codes they never come back down and walk through walls codes and so on most people know how to make the infinite health ammo and so on codes.

Comment

Doing a search you will get these:

http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/69...ump-quot-Codes

http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/53...gh-Walls-guide
                        Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks man I did do a search but it was on google.

Comment

Working...
                          X