Hacking the Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking the Saturn

I've been wondering if Helder or someone could write up a faq for hacking Saturn. Right now I've been thinking of hacking a game if I could figure out how to do it. I use SSF and it don't seem to support codes, my guess is it needs an external program.

Isn't SSF the fast and compatible emulator? if so its hard to hack codes for it or at all, I used another emulator which was slow as hell but was good to hack codes with, I included the emulator here in the message I then used Art-money and made a code for a game which already existed just so I can compare the address differences and have a base for any other code I made. I'm sure that the guy who loves Art-money here on the site (iddqd) has an offset for the SSF or maybe a different saturn emulator, only bad thing besides the slow emulator is the TOC files which included for a few games with out those the games dont run,I forgot how I made them but it should be in the read me, if anyone has any contributions to this crappy guide/info please post it here. Also if you need an offset for Art-money ask for it here on his thread I'm sure he will help you out in making a working offset.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Helder; 08-10-2009, 04:38:09 AM.
    Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

SSF and REX work together, but... If the game doesn't already have a master code and can't use any of the three generic masters the game can't be hacked and the codes used on real hardware. Also anything that seems to rapidly change values while "fixed" will fail to work on real hardware as well for the most part.

Comment

Well, Giri Giri lost me at step 2 and the emulator didn't work. I tried Art Money and it keeps on coming up with around 50 results in the SSF emulator. I don't know where to find Rex. I guess I'm not meant to hack the Saturn. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I re-read your post, you said something about a offset for SSF. What is it and how do I add it?
        Last edited by MathUser; 08-12-2009, 05:09:34 PM.

Comment

ask iddqd he's the artmoney enthusiast here, just click the name and send him a PM.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.cyberwarriorx.com/saturn-hacking-documents/
            The Hackmaster

Comment

Awesome! thanks for the links and info.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Link bookmarked - thanks.

I have to get a Saturn emu up and running on my PC and get my poor neglected Saturn from my basement....

Comment

These shall have to be added to the Library, once I get in touch with the author.
                  I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

I used the Yabause emulator to produce the only Saturn cheats I've ever made. Don't think it's the best emulator but it worked for me.
                    Pugsy's MAME Cheat Page : http://mamecheat.co.uk

Comment

If you really want to hack Saturn there's this evil device: Sega Saturn - USB DataLink. Yes, a USB comms link simulator specifically intended for use with Saturn ARs. Probably would work with Playstation Gamesharks as well with the right software that doesn't exist.
                      Supposedly it can be bought premade or just as parts to make your own.

As far as I know it's based off this thing: Action Replay USB Link.

Comment

I looked into one of those a while ago (like 2 + years) and asked the guy to incorporate something like the GSPro tools that are available for the saturn and psx, into his software but he said he was gonna look into it or if there was enough interest but I never heard back.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

If those docs are added to the site how about putting them in text files instead of doc files? I don't have the doc software and I suppose there are people that download it that won't have the software either.

Comment

you could always use open office its free.

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I have found it, the elusive Saturn Development Central.
                              The Hackmaster

Comment

Working...
                              X