Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Understanding the PSP, or the PPSSPP Emulator PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding the PSP, or the PPSSPP Emulator PC.

Hello everyone, so long! I have 2 doubts.

First: 2 months ago I started playing psp games on my pc, with the "PPSSPP" emulator. and I've noticed that the addresses change a lot. One of my examples would be:
    I have this cheat, and I activate it.

_C0 Infinite Silenced Pistol
    _L 0x208735E0 0x0000270F
    for "Syphon Filter - Dark Mirror (USA)".
    PD: "This one I found with CE."

After playing a few minutes with the cheat activated, when you move from the stage or a video, the address changes. That is, the code that I have active, and I realized this when looking with "CE" the value I wanted to hack game in the emulator PPSSPP, and that was when I found a different address than what it was before.

And my first question is, why do the addresses change constantly in the psp?
    And my second question is, if it is possible to create the code of my first example but that this same one does not change its address constantly?.
    Well, I hope that at least someone will help me with these doubts, and that it will not be a nuisance. So far I'm working with all this but well, beyond all this I have no idea how it is. Since I'm more used to the PS2, than to the PSP.

Greetings to all, have a nice day!
    Last edited by David Dezio; 03-02-2018, 01:00:50 AM.

TSearch DMA Tutorial By Abystus
    The Hackmaster

Comment

Originally posted by dlevere View Post
      Hello! I've been trying for three days to understand the "TSearch DMA Tutorial By Abystus". I've tried it with "Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (USA) PSP" and now I'm following the tutorial with the GTA Vice City to see if I can guide myself and understand it. But, I can not understand this part.

(All of the addresses above should have returned the same value.) That value is an address in itself (remember, these are pointers to an address that holds a value of your life).

Take the value of one of the pointers listed above and replace the original address you hacked (DMA address) with the value + 354h).

I mean, I take the value of one of the pointers... But I can not understand the part that says "replace the original address I hacked with the value + 354h".

In which part of Tsearch do I have to replace the original address I hacked + with the value?

If it is not too much to ask, I ask at least to help me a little to understand this tutorial, since this is something new and totally unknown.
      Directly I will be honest. I look at it, and I do not understand. Although I've been reading these tutorials for three days and did not want to resort to asking for some help. But, at the same time I would like to resolve those doubts that I have sometimes. Like the one I just said recently about Tsearch, since opinion is something already for advanced people.

Greetings to all!!!
      Last edited by David Dezio; 03-05-2018, 03:48:15 AM.

Comment

The addresses change every time that you start the game. That tutorial shows you how to correct this. Those addresses were for the game that Abystus was hacking. They will not be the same in your game. Send Abystus a private message and ask him for some help, he can assist better than I can. I don't know how to use emulators, I just thought that the guide could help.
        The Hackmaster

Comment

Originally posted by dlevere View Post
          The addresses change every time that you start the game. That tutorial shows you how to correct this. Those addresses were for the game that Abystus was hacking. They will not be the same in your game. Send Abystus a private message and ask him for some help, he can assist better than I can. I don't know how to use emulators, I just thought that the guide could help.
          Yes. It is true, since all addresses are not static.
          I will also continue reading the tutorial until I can understand it, since it is very good.

And thanks for the info, greetings dlevere!
          Last edited by David Dezio; 03-05-2018, 06:27:19 PM.

Comment

Well, it turns out that a few days ago I understood the DMA tutorial, but I put aside "Tseach" and started using "Cheat Engine". But from what I understand for the tutorial, this uses pointers to find the dynamic addresses. And my goal is to find the base address of what I want to hack, which is the "ammo value" and to be able to use this base address in "CWCheat".
            But, I can not find the base address of the "ammo value". The only thing I find are five or ten pointers that point to another five or ten dynamic addresses, and these to pass level or episode still point to dynamic addresses that are good with the "ammo value".

For the moment I wanted to know if it is possible to convert these pointers that I have, to "CWCheat" format? And also if my goal is possible to fulfill? because the only thing I find are pointers and I can not find the base address of the "ammo value".

Greetings and have a nice day!
            Last edited by David Dezio; 03-11-2018, 07:37:46 AM.

Comment

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=m...t%22+format%3F
              The Hackmaster

Comment

I want to warn that 3 days ago I managed to find pointers of 2 psp games with "Pointer Searcher" a psp tool.I wanted to know if I could add these code to the psp code database, since these codes do not appear in the psp code database.

And also, thank you for your help dlevere!

Comment

I leave the link that was where I found this tool. http://raing3.gshi.org/forum/index.php?topic=1314.0

Comment

This shouldn't be anymore difficult than setting a breakpoint on 0x208735E0 to find out what is writing to it. NOP the instruction that saves to that address. This will probably give you and the AI infinite ammo by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry62 View Post
                      This shouldn't be anymore difficult than setting a breakpoint on 0x208735E0 to find out what is writing to it. NOP the instruction that saves to that address. This will probably give you and the AI infinite ammo by default.
                      But, can that "Register" keep the base address?

Comment

Originally posted by David Dezio View Post
                        But, can that "Register" keep the base address?
                        Not sure what you're asking. Player ammo count is usually in a DMA area so altering the function that calculates the ammo deduction is the best bet. If the ammo deduction function is moving then that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry62 View Post

Not sure what you're asking. Player ammo count is usually in a DMA area so altering the function that calculates the ammo deduction is the best bet. If the ammo deduction function is moving then that's a different story.
                          What I was asking rather well said, is if it is possible to find a base address of what I want to hack, that would come to be "Ammo value".
                          But, this "Ammo value" moves constantly, since it is in a DMA area. You said that if the ammunition deduction function is moving, that's a different story, and I'd like to hear that "different story". Also my approach is based on how to find the base address of what I want to hack "Ammo value", I am intrigued by the simple fact of why there are codes that have a base address and I can not find such a base address of what I want to hack. It will be because what I want to hack is in a DMA area or is it definitely impossible?
                          Last edited by David Dezio; 04-16-2018, 01:42:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X