This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BALDOGON View Post
    how about lunar eternal blue and silpheed patches!!!
    http://codehut.gshi.org/SegaCDhacks.txt
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Patches

Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post

Hmmm, so there no way to make a patch lunar silver star nor eternal blue due to them being more that 16mb of ips capacity?
      Am i rite?
      Hex editing...im a noob on that but willing to learn n try..

As for a silpheed patch, i looked threw this forum n cannot find one!!
      I play my sega cd games in my pc emulator Fusion V. 3.64 with cheats thank to you guys!!
      Dark Wizard anyone????

Comment

• I tried making codes for Lunar 2 and wasn't able to find anything. Don't know why but the cheat searcher wasn't doing the job.

Comment

• then what other way to make a cheat patch?
          hex editor if i knew makes cheats but dont know if my pc emulator Fusin 3.64 take hex codes..
          Games id like to play with ips cheats...
          Lunar eternal blue
          Lunar silver star
          Vay
          Silpheed
          Dark Wizard

Comment

Hmmm, so there no way to make a patch lunar silver star nor eternal blue due to them being more that 16mb of ips capacity?
            Am i rite?
            Hex editing...im a noob on that but willing to learn n try..
            You are right, I don't think ips patches will work.

Hacking the cheats into the file with a hex editor is easy. And remember that even if you make a mistake, it will be a copy so you can throw it away and try again.

Comment

• @Tony Hedstrom,
              Hex editing? dont know where to start.
              Is there a tut. for learning.
              Or if someone has the time to show me the basics with a game as an example..

Comment

• Uh newbie said, grab tha hex editor. Copied each game file you wanted to cheatin for, make a two instead one, then compare tha defirence, then you should got tha truly actualy elvis skelebone placed. But uh wait an minute, this trick dunt work on godahand somehow lol.dood
                dood! im a uniter, not a divider dood

Comment

@Tony Hedstrom,
                  Hex editing? dont know where to start.
                  Is there a tut. for learning.
                  Or if someone has the time to show me the basics with a game as an example..
                  When I get home from work, I'll walk you through how to hack Lunar Eternal Blue. You'll need to get a hex editor. I use Hex Workshop, but there are tons of others out there, and most are free. You can get a free trial version of Hex Workshop from here: bpsoft.com, or just Google something like best freeware hex editor (or maybe someone here can recommend a good free hex editor).

Comment

• Great, ill be waiting Tony!!
                    i have a full hex workshop, and tried your link you provided to me, opened a lunar E.B. rom with hex n followed the steps for Hiro's HP.

To hack Hiro's starting HP and MP...
                    With your hex editor, search for the first occurrence of 00140014000F000F05.
                    The first 0014 is for Hiro's current HP, and the second 0014 is for Hiro's max
                    HP. Change them to whatever value you want (in hex). The first 000F is for
                    Hiro's current MP, and the second 000F is for Hiro's max MP. Change them to
                    whatever value you want (in hex). Not sure if the game has a limit on how high
                    your HP and MP can go, so be careful. Must start a new game for this hack to
                    work.
                    But when i played it in my Fusin V.3.64, it only booted to the sega logo then it stayed there..
                    i tried that same rom on other emulators for my PC but none of them boot eaither...

Comment

• Make sure you check EVERYTHING I mention here and make sure they are exactly the same. We'll be hacking "Lunar Eternal Blue.bin" with a file size of 570,445 KB. Make sure it is a clean copy that has never been changed (ie. straight from the ROM site). Make sure the ROM (ISO) file works with your emulator (make sure it runs before we make changes). Open up your ISO file with Hex Workshop. Click on "Edit / Find". A new window will open up. Where it says "Type", make sure "Hex values" is selected. Where is says Value, type in 00140014000F000F05. Click "OK" and in a few seconds it should find the first match. It should start at address 08F98300. With you mouse, click on the first "14" and change it to 63. The number 63 that you just typed in should show up in red. Now click on the second "14" and change it to 63 as well. It should also be in red. It should now look like this: 00630063000F000F05. Make sure you save your changes when you exit. Test. You should have 99/99 HP when you start a new game.

And make sure you have a clean extra copy of the ISO file in case you make any mistakes.
                      Last edited by Tony H; 01-17-2014, 07:32:30 PM.

Comment

• ok, gonna try it now and report back!!

OK, i did as you said and yes, it worked on hiro's HP to 99hp. I tried to also chage his MP TO 63Hex value from 00FF to 0063 on both 000F000F TO 00630063 but after saving and playing, it only displayed 153HP and 153MP.

What would make my day is an actual multiple level up after battle.

and how do i know where the actual hex value are for item in the game via hex editor???
                        Last edited by BALDOGON; 01-18-2014, 06:20:01 AM.

Comment

• It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly, the emulator I was using couldn't find any RAM addresses to help make codes like multiple level up after battle.

What item in the game are you talking about as far as finding the hex value? Since I couldn't make codes/hacks for this game in the usual method, I had to use an old school method to make codes. For things like starting stats (HP, MP, etc), I just looked at the characters starting stats, converted them to hex, and searched for that string in the ISO file. I used the same method for the shop codes. I look at what's for sale in the shop, then find the correct hex number for each item and search for that string.

Comment

• interesting, what old school method you used to start stats HP, MP N EXP?
                            very interested to know how you converted to hex his starting stats to find the string in the iso, getting very familiar with this hex editor..

As for item, meaning by aquiring his special moving..I beat this game years ago when it first came out n by the time i was on the final level his HP, MP were around 9999, thats my goal to figure this out.....well, with your help of course.
                            By the way thank you!

also, how can i create a ips patch code for prince of persia? or silpheed?...sorry for the too much questions..
                            Last edited by BALDOGON; 01-18-2014, 10:03:44 AM.

Comment

• Some of the old school methods can be found here: http://codehut.gshi.org/GGTips.txt but keep in mind that it is a very old doc and extremely outdated.

Finding a code/hack for "his special moving" would be very difficult. The emulator I used couldn't find that kind of RAM address.

If prince of persia or silpheed are Sega CD games, then you probably can't make a ips patch for them (too big). Maybe someone else knows a different way.

Comment

• At first, i tried cheat Engine with fusion 3.64 and cheat engine wouldn't pickup the address but with hex i agree with you much easier..been messing with it for12hrs...getting the hang of it.

As for the other games, if ips not possible, ill stick with hex. much easier. just need a few tips here n there i guess..
                                but ill stick to lunar EB, im trying how to max his HP and MP.

Comment

Working...
                                X