ps1 : from gameshark codes to ppf patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps1 : from gameshark codes to ppf patch

hi there , it is possible to permanently apply some gameshark codes to a game for ps1 converting them in a ppf patch ?

what codes do you want to apply

Comment

Originally posted by gamemasterplc View Post
      what codes do you want to apply
      for example, the invulnerability code for crash bandicoot 1 ntsc :
      8001DD4C 0004
      8001DD4E 2402

so i need to know what software i need to correctly put it in a ppf file , and then use a ppf patcher that will apply that code to the game
      Last edited by tizzio1; 06-07-2017, 06:46:28 PM.

Comment

Simply put, no. However there will be some exceptions.

If the code is patching a RAM value, like most, then no. However if it is patching an instruction, like some that I have made, then it is possible. With that said however, the memory address of the instruction may not simply translate to an address of your disc image.
        Please put all complaints in writing and submit them here.

Above link not working? Try here.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsky82 View Post
          Simply put, no. However there will be some exceptions.

If the code is patching a RAM value, like most, then no. However if it is patching an instruction, like some that I have made, then it is possible. With that said however, the memory address of the instruction may not simply translate to an address of your disc image.
          in this case is an instruction , so it should be possible , what i need to know is what's the software to correctly put that code in a ppf file and then in the game , what's that software ?

Comment

I can get a string for you to search the entire ISO with in a hex editor and its replacement string.

Comment

Search Crash Bandicoot ROM for 04 00 82 30 40 00 40 10 and replace with 04 00 02 24 40 00 40 10 for supposed invincibility. Sadly, your code didn't work for invincibility.
              Last edited by gamemasterplc; 06-07-2017, 09:48:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gamemasterplc View Post
                Search Crash Bandicoot ROM for 04 00 82 30 40 00 40 10 and replace with 04 00 02 24 40 00 40 10 for supposed invincibility. Sadly, your code didn't work for invincibility.
                hmm , that's strange , because that code make crash invincible , i am not an hacker so i can only suppose that code remove the collision box of crash , or maybe , the attack boxes of the enemies , but despite that , i can use that code to get all the attacks i want without never die , so i am curious to know what you mean with that , also , put those codes in that way is not something that i am capable of ( http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/15...gameshark-code ) , so i also need to know what kind of ppf builder i can use to put in a ppf patch the instruction type of gameshark codes

Comment

but if it isn't for immortality , what's the purpose of that code ? what it really do ?

Comment

@gamemasterplc maybe you don't want to tell me because you think that i may want to sell an hacked ISO ? or that i will use that to get payed for some sort of service trough a site ? if you think something like that , then fear not , i only like to hack my games instead of temporary apply them trough a software , that's all , and that code really make me invulnerable , so please tell me exactly what's the problem that you noticed in that code , i am not an hacker so please explain me

Comment

Working...
                    X