PS2 Optical Memory Dumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 Optical Memory Dumper

Seeing as the KIGSP test worked on every game I own, and every game my friend's owned, I thought it was time to upgrade it to a full dumper / debugger. The dumping capability is not what you would think Instead of it dumping to a file, over a network, it actually dumps through the video stream! Not literally but kinda sorta in that sense . Requires a capture card! Wrote a pc application in vb6 to handle the PC side, and the .ELF side (hooked by kernel of course) loads the addresses and datas, converts each byte to a color, and prints it on the screen as an individual pixel. The PC side, which reads the capture card, reads the pixels displayed on the screen, and converts the pixel colors back to the bytes.

A screen shot of it working in action under ps2-link (Using ps2-link to show the accuracy). The screen shot isn't of it implemented into the KIGSP application, but is just a concept showing of it working in action.
    Attached Files

Wait is this for the Firewire iLink port on the front of a fat ps2 near the usb ports or the optical minidisc port on the back?
    http://bh-re-db.pcriot.com/ <- Biohazard / Resident Evil
    Code Database

Comment

Hehe, no, it's for a capture card. You connect your PS2 into the capture card, the capture card into your PC, and the PC app will show the PS2 screen using the capture card. I call it optical dumper because it literally uses the visuals to dump memory lol.

Comment

Working...
      X