Request for Artemis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for Artemis

can we make a function in artemis to run hdloader, or to run esr, and also to run the games normally? like "load cheats with ESR" and point it to mcx:/BOOT/ESR.ELF or "load cheats with HDLoader" and point it to mcx:/BOOT/HDLoader.ELF
    or possibly mass:/HDLoader.ELF

becuase for those of us who run backups, this comes in handy a LOT.

Probably, though we'll need to be sure that, in the documentation, these are mentioned as functions for homebrew.

Specifically, what we'd do is allow the user to choose to either load the game on the disc that's in their PS2 (by the way, as with other cheat systems currently out there, you will be able to start Artemis with something like a Swap Magic disc in your PS2, choose cheats, load the SM disc, swap out with another disc, and the cheats will still apply as if the swap had never happened), or to load an ELF, for "homebrew purposes". If they choose to load ESR or something else, then use that to load another game, that's their business
    I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzzZZZ...

Comment

alright. so this also functions as a swap magic substitute? or will that be in the commercial release only? if so, can i get a copy of that 4 free for helping out with making recommendations for artemis and helping with some graphics?

Comment

No, Artemis will not function as a Swap Magic substitute. It may not even be released on disc (though we can create bootable discs, they're not very cost-effective, nor very durable, due to our lack of proper equipment).

The hacking community bleeds profusely over into the cracking, reverse-engineering, and piracy communities.

In the hacking community, there's little difference between a "commercial" application and a free one. For this reason, and with the added benefit of contributing more to the scene in this way, Artemis will be freely distributed. You will be able to merely download it, from GSHI.org.

However, we will also be offering memory cards with Artemis already installed on them, utilizing FMCB (we will likely integrate some source from FMCB into Artemis, so that Artemis will load by itself via memory card). These will be sold at the GSHI online store, which will be put together at some point between now and the release of Artemis.

In summary, yes, you can have a copy of Artemis, for contributing

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy Bastard View Post
          However, we will also be offering memory cards with Artemis already installed on them, utilizing FMCB (we will likely integrate some source from FMCB into Artemis, so that Artemis will load by itself via memory card). These will be sold at the GSHI online store, which will be put together at some point between now and the release of Artemis.

In summary, yes, you can have a copy of Artemis, for contributing
          Ohh! so the idea of having an actual GSHI Mart might truly happen. This is spectacular news.
          Cant stand the 32 bit and above gaming.
          Gamers for the return of 2d sprite filled games!

Comment

Oh yes. GSHI Mart will definitely be created. It's just a matter of someone actually going to the effort to create it. As most of us have several of our own little projects going at all times, it takes a while to start new ones, especially when we haven't decided exactly what avenue to take for them. Please feel free to give some suggestions, do some research concerning online store systems (particularly those that allow you to add your own, custom items to the store), and let us know what you find. It'll help.

Comment

hmm

regarding the GSHI mart, u should make a paypal business acount,
              and set it up with paypal so that u can buy through PayPal and do stuff like that, and i think vbulliten has a store template or something... idk, just an idea though, PAYPAL!!!

Comment

You should check GameTrailers' marketplace (top right), I know is not what you want to do, but it might get you some ideeas... if you want more details on how the system works, let me know. I've been a member there for the last two years so I know the insides...

Comment

I would, but it doesn't seem like it's currently available. They say something about revamping it on the site, and I can't find anything else about the MarketPlace. If I've missed it, mind giving me a direct link?

Comment

Ok, it seems that The Marketplace was removed. Sorry, but I didn't checked it for a long time now.
                    So to tell you how it was:
                    - One would earn 1 GTD -gametrailers dollar- for viewing a clip, and he would get the maximum of 50 for that day for this activity.
                    - One would earn 5 gtd per day for making a blog.
                    - One would earn 0.25 gtd for one post in the forums. there wasnt any limit from what i can remember.
                    Every item on marketplace had a fixed price. for example the ps3 was 65.000 gtd and the psp 25.000 if i remember well.
                    One could also buy virtual things, like more space in the personal albums, more tabs on blog, a faction and a forum for that faction, tabs for the faction... etc.

Here is the new system to be used from February...
                    So the GameTrailers site had a reward system...
                    You should check Prizee for another reward like system. If you want it in english, there is the flag on top, just click it.
                    Again, these are just to give you some ideeas.

Comment

Hmm. That might encourage activity, yes. Thanks for the ideas. Still, we'll also want to incorporate an actual monetary purchasing system as well.

Comment

No problem man... just trying to help as much as I can...

Comment

Working...
                        X