Learn How To Make Your Own Video Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn How To Make Your Own Video Game

Every aspect of a video game requires attention, care, and expertise during development. So if you're interested in jumping into the indie scene, you're going to need to learn to wear a lot of hats. Thankfully, this week's Humble Book Bundle by Mercury can give you a leg up on gamedev knowledge.

New to game development? For just one buck, you can get your feet wet with five DRM-free digital books. From design to programming to high-end production techniques, these books will give you a glimpse at what it takes to make a great game.

Spend at least $1
    • Introduction to Game Development
    • Python Pocket Primer
    • Digital Filmmaking
    • Video Game Addiction
    • Hollywood Studio Production Techniques

At the $8 tier, you'll also unlock six more multi-format ebooks that run the gamut from examining classic games to developing new titles for iPhones.

Spend at least $8
    • Classic Game Design
    • Video Game Writing
    • Game Testing
    • Introduction to 3D Game Programming Using DirectX 11
    • iOS for Game Programmers
    • Programming Essentials Using Java

If you're looking for even more info, pony up a minimum of $15, and you'll receive the previous two tiers plus eight additional digital books. With this level, you can tackle 3D modeling, learn about AI, and sharpen your coding skills.

Spend at least $15
    • 3D Character Development Workshop
    • Computer Graphics Programming in OpenGL with Java
    • Python 3 Pocket Primer
    • Artificial Intelligence in the 21st Century
    • Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX12
    • Storyboarding
    • Photo Restoration Using Adobe Photoshop CC 2017
    • Python An Introduction to Programming

Beyond the savings, Humble Bundle is easy to love for another reason: Charitable giving. Part of your purchase will go to a charity, and it's up to you which one will benefit. The UK-based Whale and Dolphin Conservation organization is currently being featured, but you can easily swap to any one of the thousands of participating charities.

Sale Ends: August 20th, 2018 at 11AM PT

Source
    Last edited by dlevere; 08-15-2018, 01:40:44 AM.
    The Hackmaster

Sapphiresoft announced that SRPG Studio is available right now on Steam for PC. The design and illustration software utility allows you to create your very own simulation style role-playing games without requiring any programming or art design skills, and you can grab a digital copy of the new program for just $59.99.

If you do have some design skills, you can create your own illustrations and implement them into the game, along with your own custom videos, sprites, and even music.

You can see what the tools look like in action via a series of tutorial videos courtesy of YouTuber Driftwood Gaming.

The video above goes through the basic setup of the trial version of SRPG Studio.

You can setup your game’s basic backgrounds, combat scenarios, sprites, illustrations, and dialog systems.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/857320/SRPG_Studio/

Source
    The Hackmaster

Comment

Great article! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Good to hear this informative idea and tips. Game development is a difficult task for me. I know coding language because I am working as a web maintenance services provider but I think that this web coding is very different from game development. I have taken admission to a game development institute. I want to be a game developer, pray for me so that I can accomplish my goals.

Comment

Great, Thanks for sharking it. This was helpful. Game Development is not so easy as u need to hire professional app development company. And Toronto App Development Companies are the best when it comes to build a great app or game development.

Comment

i'm undecided this that book can cowl your all the mysqli programming however you'll for certain take an advantages from term paper writing service online https://www.college-paper.org/custom...sertation.html that offer you with a additional sturdy risk for your higher section throughout the staying time tho' in addition you'll be able to modify learning to hitch the cluster

Comment

interesting

Comment

Working...
              X