Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is A Sony PS3 Leak Now Leading To Banned Consoles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is A Sony PS3 Leak Now Leading To Banned Consoles?

"Every Sony PlayStation 3 ID out there was compromised, provoking bans of legit players on the network," Threatpost is reporting, calling it "just the latest in a shocking spike in attacks on unsuspecting gamers."

tlhIngan - Slashdot user #30,335 shares Threatpost's report:

Sony reportedly left a folder with every PS3 console ID online unsecured, and it was discovered and reported by a Spanish YouTuber with the handle "The WizWiki" in mid-April...

Now, several weeks later, players on PlayStation Network message boards are complaining that they can't sign on and are receiving the error message 8071006.

After enabling two factor authentication (2FA), one player was able to sign back in without issue, according to posts on the PS3 subreddit, which includes a link to instructions on how to opt into 2FA on the PS3.

It appears threat actors have started using the stolen PS3 console IDs for malicious purposes, causing the legitimate players to get banned...

Sony has not responded to Threatpost's request for comment or confirmed a connection between the PS3 ID breach and player reports of being locked out of the platform...

Sony is hardly the only gaming company leaking data like a sieve.

A report from January found a half a million credentials stolen from the Top 25 gaming companies on caches of breached data for sale in criminal marketplaces.

In June, the "Battle of the Galaxy" mobile game leaked 6 million gamer profiles, and attackers are working out how to use gaming platforms like Steam to host or deliver malware.

Source
    Last edited by dlevere; 06-28-2021, 11:47:32 AM.
    The Hackmaster

I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this..防火规范

Comment

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. hydraulic motor

Comment

I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about..亚博

Comment

Yabo Yabo official website provides you with the full range of Yabo products to download. 亚博

Comment

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. Nft games

Comment

Thanks for an interesting blog. What else may I get that sort of info written in such a perfect approach? I have an undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the lookout for such info. 먹튀폴리스

Comment

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. 꽁머니 놀이터

Comment

You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. Your views are in accordance with my own for the most part. This is great content for your readers. Myra

Comment

It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. Primers in stock

Comment

This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! 꽁머니사이트

Comment

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. nj wedding videographer

Comment

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. blog comment

Comment

Fitness Center in Laguna HillsFort Fitness is a training ground and Gym in Laguna Hills that empowers physical and mental growth. Call (949) 524-2529 to get started! https://fortfitnessusa.com/

Comment

Mental Health Healing Hillside Horizon is an ideal place for families who seek additional support in helping their children and a better understanding of their child's mental health ... https://hillsidehorizon.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X