BwE PS4 NOR Validator 1.7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BwE PS4 NOR Validator 1.7.0

BetterWayElectronics has released an update to their PS4 NOR Validator tool.

Version 1.7.0 Adds new validation, and fixes some bugs, among other changes.

What is BwE PS4 NOR Validator?

From BwE himself:

This program is designed solely to validate the NOR flash of your PS4 console.

Why would you need to do this? Well if your console has suddenly died and has what is called the 'BLOD', the NOR can be the reason why. Using my program will allow you to validate literally every single byte of the NOR (or over 2045 specific areas) – allowing you to see where or if it is corrupted.

The most common area of corruption that causes the BLOD is the CID. Some areas of this section can actually be repaired, if you’re lucky! I and others have done this!

Don’t forget to use my Comparator tool to help you understand what the difference is for a specific section of the NOR. It will help you with patching! Other areas can be inter-changed between different consoles and are more suited for repair, the WiFi/BT module is a good example of this. So fundamentally, this program is for console repairers like myself.

You can download PS4 NOR Validator from the developer's github here.

Source
    The Hackmaster

Well, you got me thinking. I think I should check out my PS4.

Comment

To be honest, I didn't really understand why it was necessary. It seems to me that this is an optional procedure, am I right? In principle, the console works well for me, and I never think about any checks there because I'm not good at it. My brother understands such things well. He is generally well versed in technology, so when I needed advice, for example, about the security system, I asked him and he advised me this link so that I could install smoke and water level sensors. It's good when there is such a person in the family.
      Last edited by Rezzm0; 12-28-2021, 08:55:28 AM.

Comment

Well if your console has suddenly died and has what is called the 'BLOD', the NOR can be the reason why. Using my program will allow you to validate literally

Comment

The most common area of corruption that causes the BLOD is the CID.
          ultra pixel survive

Comment

Working...
          X