Software kill switch lurking in aging PlayStation hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software kill switch lurking in aging PlayStation hardware

Unless something changes, an issue lurking in older PlayStations internal timing systems threatens to eventually make every PS4 game and all downloaded PS3 games unplayable on current hardware. Right now, it's not a matter of if but when this problem will occur.

This ticking firmware time bomb has been known in certain PlayStation preservation and hacking circles for a while.

But it's gaining new attention amid Sony's recently announced decision to shut down the online stores for PS3, PSP, and Vita software.

While that impending store shutdown won't impact players' abilities to play and re-download previously purchased software for now, the eventual wider shutdown of PSN servers for these aging consoles could have a much more drastic effect on the playability of a wide swath of games.

Dying internal batteries and online timer checks make a disaster waiting to happen.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...tion-hardware/
    The Hackmaster

The playstation is full of shit if you ask me. It is better to use a computer in order to play and work.

Comment

Leading companies providing web application development services actually have experience in creating successful web applications for various platforms. If you are looking for a company that can develop an Angular Alternative development company, you should take a look at companies on the Internet.

Comment

This issue has been fixed on 9.00 fw+

and also goldHEN 2.0b fixes it also.
        5.05 fw users need not worry with kernalclock payload.

Comment

As for the software, I think it's always better to ask for help from professional developers who will not only develop excellent software that will be convenient in future work, but can also offer custom software design. It seems to me that such an integrated approach will definitely bear good result.

Comment

Working...
          X