FIFA 21 rocked by "EAGate" scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA 21 rocked by "EAGate" scandal

FIFA is currently embroiled in one of the biggest scandals to ever hit the game after an EA employee was alleged to have sold coveted Ultimate Team cards for thousands of dollars.

Unconfirmed direct messages appear to show a company employee selling Icon cards in packages priced from 892.46 to 1,189.94 dollars. In one WhatsApp message, three Prime Icon Moments cards are offered for $2,022.90.

Icon cards are among the most sought after in FIFA Ultimate Team. They include legendary players such as Brazilian Ronaldo, Pele, Zinedine Zidane and Ruud Gullit, and are near enough impossible to obtain through the mode's controversial loot boxes.

Even rarer are Prime Icon Moments - special versions of Icon cards that mark one game or tournament that was special for the players.

Source
    The Hackmaster

New research has "robustly verified" a link between loot boxes and problem gambling.

Researchers at the universities of Plymouth and Wolverhampton said loot boxes "are structurally and psychologically akin to gambling".

It also found that large numbers of children are opening loot boxes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ustly-verified
    The Hackmaster

Comment

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...s-as-gambling/
      The Hackmaster

Comment

well, even if they have sold these cards, is it such a big problem ? By the way, I 100% agree that these lootboxes, or "packs" are nothing else than gambling. And what I really don't like is that EA gives it to the kids (FIFA is mostly played by infants), and they are losing their money on gambling. Who knows, maybe it can have a great impact on this kids, and they will start gambling in future? I really don't like this, there are special places for gambling on the internet, like this source for example. But in games like FIFA it's unacceptable
        Last edited by bornn; 04-29-2021, 01:19:03 PM.

Comment

EA denies it's "pushing" FIFA players to spend on loot boxes after insider leaks marketing documents
          The Hackmaster

Comment

Is it really all because of the loot boxes?

Comment

Well, Researchers at the universities of Plymouth and Wolverhampton said loot boxes

Comment

I don't understand people who still play FIFA
                Last edited by MarcoBrau1; 02-07-2022, 06:03:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X