X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Ben 'Bushing' Byer

By PokeAcer

Ben Byer 1980 – 2016​

Ben "Bushing" Byer was part of fail0verflow, iPhone Dev Team, and Team Twiizers. He died, age 35, from natural causes on Monday Feb 8th.

We are deeply saddened by the news that our member, colleague, and friend Ben “bushing” Byer passed away of natural causes on Monday, February 8th.

Many of you knew him as one of the public faces of our group, fail0verflow, and before that, Team Twiizers and the iPhone Dev Team.

Outspoken but never confrontational, he was proof that even in the competitive and oftentimes aggressive hacking scene, there is a place for both a sharp mind and a kind heart.

To us he was, of course, much more. He brought us together, as a group and in spirit. Without him, we as a team would not exist. He was a mentor to many, and an inspiration to us all.

Yet above anything, he was our friend. He will be dearly missed.

Our thoughts go out to his wife and family.

Keep hacking. It's what bushing would have wanted.

https://fail0verflow.com/ben

https://hackmii.com/ben
    The Hackmaster

This is sad news
    A great person, always appeared very kindful. A godfather in the Wii hacking scene.
    Here's a video of his and marcan's conference at CCC featuring the very first Wii homebrew channel demonstration:
    Last edited by CosmoCortney; 02-10-2016, 08:35:30 AM.
    My Website
    Hacking YouTube Channel

No requests, please

Comment

One of the pioneers who opened the door to us in terms of Wii hacking will be missed greatly. He was the one who laid the first cornerstone that later led to the crazy-cool Brawl mods we can now play on our Wiis or even using emulators via PC. And, on the horizon, Sm4sh 3DS mods!
      Tempus fugit, ergo, carpe diem.

Time flies, therefore, seize the day.

Comment

Working...
      X