(Request) Need help finding Pointers for PSP with TempAR for CWCheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Request) Need help finding Pointers for PSP with TempAR for CWCheat

Ok, I assume this is the same with the PSP as it is with the 3DS.
    Find Code, Note down Address/es make Memory Dump
    Find Different Code for same Cheat, Note down Address/es, make Memory Dump

Run TempAR, Load up both Memory Dumps, input both Addresses, Select which Level it is, Select Display Optimum Pointer Paths (should be Highlighted Green), and Select the one that works best............OK, so how come I am not getting ANY Highlighted Addresses???????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pointer Issue.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	200600

Send Raing3 a private message, I think that he's the one who wrote this.
    The Hackmaster

Comment

try changing the Maximum Offset to FFF0
      and
      dump between 1 and 2 are too high different of addresses
      lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
      When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
      *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
      >)

Comment

Originally posted by lee4 View Post
        try changing the Maximum Offset to FFF0
        and
        dump between 1 and 2 are too high different of addresses
        Well even when I did a Search for Sky Force (EU) Minis (PSN), it did the same thing, and the difference was not that far off.
        But will try your Suggestion
        Edit. Still no Highlighted Paths

Edit2:
        Decided to do a little looking around on the Website, and ended in the Forums. Found the TempAR Pointer Searcher Thread. FINALLY got 2 Highlighted Paths.
        Here is a tool I made for a friend a while ago in C# to assist with finding pointers in memory dumps for PSP (and NDS/other) games.

(Note: screenshot is from an older version).

Usage notes:
        • Find the address of your code and write it down somewhere then create a memory dump with your cheat application.
        • Go to another area where the address of the code is different (ie. the original code no longer works).
        • Find the new address of your code and write it down somewhere then create a memory dump with your cheat application.
        • Load the 2 memory dumps with the searcher tool and input the addresses for your codes.
        • Click find pointers, if none of the found pointers are coloured green keep clicking on them until you are able to find one which is green. Tweaking some of the options (include negatives, maximum offset) can also help to find pointers.
        • Once you find a green ponter click it and a code will appear in the textbox which can be used with the CWCheat, CMF, TempAR, etc.
        Other notes:
        • It is possible to use just 1 memory dump but then you will have to manually test the results as it won't have anything to compare the pointer paths to and won't be able to colour any of the results green.
        • You need the Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 or higher installed to run the application.
        • You need a rather hefty amount of RAM available as the application loads the 2 memory dumps entirely into memory. D:
        Last edited by Smoker1; 07-07-2018, 01:04:51 PM.

Comment

OK, yeah......none of my Code/s worked. Hell, not even the Codes in CWcheat worked. Whoever Posted those must not have figured them out correctly. But, these Codes for TempAR, did work. But the Conversion to CWcheat did not work. No matter how I entered them, they would crash the Game/System.
          So for PSP Codes, unless Verified, TempAR should be used instead of CWcheat for the time being
          http://raing3.gshi.org/psp-utilities/code-archive
          Last edited by Smoker1; 07-07-2018, 02:08:42 PM.

Comment

you mean these dont work?

_C0 Infinite Health
            _L 0x20052864 0x8CC500C0
            _L 0x20052868 0x84A5002C
            _L 0x2005286C 0xACC50124
            _L 0x20052878 0x00A03021
            _C0 Infinite Lives
            _L 0x2005287C 0x8E2F00B0
            _L 0x20052880 0x24050009
            _L 0x2005288C 0xA1E50121

lee4 Does Not Accept Codes Requests !
            When lee4 asks a question it does not mean lee4 will look at your game
            *How to create and use SegaCD codes >click here<*
            >)

Comment

Originally posted by lee4 View Post
              you mean these dont work?

_C0 Infinite Health
              _L 0x20052864 0x8CC500C0
              _L 0x20052868 0x84A5002C
              _L 0x2005286C 0xACC50124
              _L 0x20052878 0x00A03021
              _C0 Infinite Lives
              _L 0x2005287C 0x8E2F00B0
              _L 0x20052880 0x24050009
              _L 0x2005288C 0xA1E50121
              Not in CWcheat. In TempAR it does though
              However, Star Trek-Tactical Assault, the Inf Health Code might not be for that Game, for both Regions. The Inf Crew Upgrades works. But I think if it was for the Game, it should show as "Inf Shields", and would think they would also search for "Weapons Always Ready"

Comment

Working...
              X