My Rom Hack project - Double Dragon NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rom Hack project - Double Dragon NES

In case anyone has been wondering why I havent been workng on the site the last couple days itis cause I have been workin on this. Its a hack of Double Dragon for the NES. What I have been trying to do was make the NES version a bit more authentic to the Arcade original. I changed a few graphics that I felt didn't really fit in or changed them to look like something from the original. I also changed palletes to look like the original. Probably the biggest pallette change you will notice is the Final level. It is white by default, but the arcade was goldish. So I changed the whole level to be that pallette. Here are pictures of it.

This is level 1. Here you can see I changed the sky pallete to blue. And I changed the Lindas hair to yellow.

This is level 2. I changed the ground to grey and removed the tree background. There is no tree background in the original.

This is level 3. About the main differences you can see here is that I changed the cliffs to be grey, and I changed those enemies to have purple outfits.

This is the final level. See, its goldish. Just like promised. Oya, I added a floor pattern, and changed that skull to be a bit more menacing.

You will also notice I changed the energy bar. It works the same but looks like the arcades bar instead. I will be working more on this I believe but I'm not sure of what else I will change. I did change Jimmy Lee the end boss to look more like Jeff. The evil Billy clone that you fight in the arcade game.

The patch is included in this attatchment.
    Attached Files

Re: My Rom Hack project - Double Dragon NES

Looks pretty cool. Good idea for a hack too.

Comment

Re: My Rom Hack project - Double Dragon NES

wow thats awesome
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X