Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unicode View Post
    Tony Hedstrom...

Since you're now on Sonic The Hedgehog 2 I have a suggestions for this classic game:

Make Bonus Stage Still Accessible (via the Star Post) After Sonic / Tails Has Being Got All Chaos Emeralds (normally if you have all 7 emeralds collected you can't access Bonus stage anymore at all);
    Unicode, what do I need to do on the first level to get into the bonus stage? Is it a certain number of rings, certain time, or ?? And I assume you enter the bonus stage at one of the star posts?

EDIT: Never mind, got it figured out.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-30-2014, 10:52:50 AM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Tony Hedstrom

please Syndicate

Comment

• Originally posted by sky170111 View Post
        Tony Hedstrom

please Syndicate
        Be patient. As I posted earlier, I'll get to it as soon as I'm done with Sonic 2.

Comment

• Tony Hedstrom
          Ok thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
            Unicode, what do I need to do on the first level to get into the bonus stage? Is it a certain number of rings, certain time, or ?? And I assume you enter the bonus stage at one of the star posts?

EDIT: Never mind, got it figured out.
            No matter I will tell you: you need to have collected at least 50 rings before can enter Bonus Stage (same number of rings required to become Super Sonic). If you have enough rings collected, when you touch a star post, a stars particles rotating on top on it will appear. Only then you can jump on rotating stars to enter Bonus Stage. Issues is, if you have got all emeralds or you don't have enough rings collected, you won't get the rotating stars on star post after passing through it which means you can't enter Bonus stage. While there is Galoob code making you do need only one ring instead of 50 to can enter Bonus stage, there isn't any code made yet making Bonus stage accessible with all emeralds collected...
            Last edited by Unicode; 11-30-2014, 12:51:09 PM.

Comment

• But each bonus stage represents an emerald in sequential order so once you have all 7 the game might not have another level in sequence unless you reset the counter back to emerald 1 bonus stage or force a specific bonus stage to always load.
              Spoiler Alert! Click to view...

THE BAD GUY!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Helder View Post
                But each bonus stage represents an emerald in sequential order so once you have all 7 the game might not have another level in sequence unless you reset the counter back to emerald 1 bonus stage or force a specific bonus stage to always load.
                It would be easy - just a code for maximum 7 emeralds (i. e. you cannot get an 8th, a 9th, a 10th emerald, and so on).
                Last edited by Unicode; 11-30-2014, 01:24:34 PM.

Comment

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV A)(Genesis)

B52T-CA9W
                  Special/Bonus stages are always accessible. Anytime you pass a star post, the bonus stage will appear. Works even if you don't have any rings, or if you have all 7 emeralds. Note that if you enter a bonus stage with all 7 emeralds, you may lose your Super Sonic ability, but you cal always use the "Can turn into Super Sonic at any time" code to fix that.

========

Unicode, I don't have all 7 emeralds so I couldn't test the code. Can you test it and make sure it works okay? Thanks.
                  Last edited by Tony H; 12-02-2014, 05:21:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helder View Post
                    But each bonus stage represents an emerald in sequential order so once you have all 7 the game might not have another level in sequence unless you reset the counter back to emerald 1 bonus stage or force a specific bonus stage to always load.
                    Agreed.

Unicode, depending on what happens when you test the code, may need to add another code to fix any problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
                      Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV A)(Genesis)

A52T-CA9W
                      Special/Bonus stages are accessible even if you have all 7 emeralds.

B52T-CA9W
                      Special/Bonus stages are always accessible. Anytime you pass a star post, the bonus stage will appear. Works even if you don't have any rings, or if you have all 7 emeralds.

========

Unicode, I don't have all 7 emeralds so I couldn't test the code. Can you test it and make sure it works okay? Thanks.
                      I tested your code with VisitntX's "Get One Emerald To Get Them All" code and first time when I passed bonus stage I was able to turn into Super Sonic (what the "Get One Emerald To Get Them All" code supposed to do), but after passing Bonus Stage for second time, I was unable to turn into Super Sonic! Anything more, after I exit Bonus Stage, you will start on the place where you're entered the bonus stage, however you have 0 rings and enemies and Rings respawn, as if you haven't passed the stage. It's possible to make after playing a Bonus stage to start with the number of ring collected before Entering Bonus Stage? Because I was played it and when Sonic / Tails respawn after they exit Bonus stage, all enemies, monitors and rings respawn (come back), like you didn't was killed or collected anything! It's really annoying to play bonus stage and after exit it to have to collect all monitors / rings again!

About your "Don't lose any rings when you hit the black spikes in Special/bonus stages", it works for Sonic but still can lose 3-4 rings when passing through spikes! Probably because this code does NOT work with Tails... Other variant is to make both Sonic and Tails invincible in Bonus stage, but only against spikes, as they still can collect rings normally (via your "Get rings from anywhere in special/bonus stages" code or with the normal way with moving left / right).

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicode View Post
                        About your "Don't lose any rings when you hit the black spikes in Special/bonus stages", it works for Sonic but still can lose 3-4 rings when passing through spikes! Probably because this code does NOT work with Tails.
                        I just tested the code again and it works fine with Tails. I tested it with Tails by himself, and with Tails and Sonic. NEVER lost any rings.

Your description above on what happened with the bonus stages when you had 7 emeralds is very confusing. I may look into it later.

Comment

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV A)(Genesis)

MAZA-CEDN
                          Invincibility/star power-up lasts half as long.

NAZA-CWDN
                          Invincibility/star power-up lasts twice as long.

AYYT-CAFC
                          Ring monitors add 5 rings (instead of 10).

DEYT-CAFC
                          Ring monitors add 25 rings.

NTYT-CAFC
                          Ring monitors add 100 rings.

========

Unicode, this will be the last of your Sonic 2 requests. I may come back to a couple of them later.
                          Last edited by Tony H; 12-01-2014, 01:09:42 AM.

Comment

• Seems you're probably tired from making codes fot this particular game...

Actually I've played with your "Don't lose any rings when you hit the black spikes in Special/bonus stages" again and you're was right - I didn't lost any rings in Bonus stage! However, I've found this in your "Get rings from anywhere in special/bonus stages" doesn't work after hitting spikes while you're flashing, i. e. if you hit spikes in Bonus Stage and immediately there are a rings after spikes, they won't be collected automatically! I've played second Bonus stage where are several spikes on second and third (last) pass and I could not qualify stage because in last pass of Bonus Stage I cannot get a minimal (only couple rings) to pass final phase successfully and the game says "Not Enough Rings..."... Sorry if I bothered you for this.

However I've tested your codes from your last post and they works nice!
                            Last edited by Unicode; 12-14-2014, 03:15:57 PM.

Comment

• Unicode, I think there are codes that make rings in bonus stages worth more. That should solve your problem.

Comment

• Unicode, Just figured out an easy solution to your problem with the black spikes in the bonus stages. Here are 2 new codes that make the black spikes add rings instead of subtracting.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV A)(Genesis)

FPLA-GNA6
                                Gain 10 rings when you hit the black spikes in special/bonus stages.

FPLA-GNA6 +
                                AZLA-GAA8
                                Gain 50 rings when you hit the black spikes in special/bonus stages.

EDIT: Already updated the "Get rings from anywhere in bonus stages" code.

EDIT2: These codes can cause the game to freeze in the bonus stages, so it's best not to use them. (Have been removed from the db.)
                                Last edited by Tony H; 12-02-2014, 02:58:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X