New Game Genie, N64, GC, Wii, & PS2 Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unicode View Post
    I've tried with this code enabled, passed the first stage of Green Hill Zone, reached the goal, but the giant ring is missing! I've tried again with code disabled and the giant ring was spawned normally! Please fix this code!
    Unicode, what normally causes the giant ring to appear?

Also, the "Enemies die automatically" code will probably be too time consuming to figure out, but I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: The giant ring showed up 2 out of 4 times when I just tested the code. Just need to find out what normally causes it to appear.

EDIT #2: It appears that if you have at least 50 rings, then you'll get the big ring at the end of the level. I just tested the code again and 5 out of 5 times I got the big ring when I had more than 50 rings, and I also got the 5K 10K 50K Time Bonus. The code seems to be working fine. Let me know if you're still having problems.

EDIT #3: If you'd like, I can make another code so that you'll always get the "Giant ring" at the end of every level. Sounds like a good code, so I'll probably make it anyways.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-15-2014, 09:23:34 AM.
    The Code Hut: http://codehut.gshi.org/

Comment

• Unicode, as I mentioned, the "Always get 5K, 10K, 50K Time Bonus" code works perfectly for me. As long as I had at least 50 rings, I always got the giant ring (have tested it 7 times now). Maybe you're combining it with another code that's causing the problem?

Anyways, here's another code for Sonic 1...

ACSA-AACJ
      Always get the giant ring at the end of the level (for the special/bonus stage).
      Last edited by Tony H; 11-15-2014, 10:10:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony Hedstrom View Post
        Unicode, what normally causes the giant ring to appear?

Also, the "Enemies die automatically" code will probably be too time consuming to figure out, but I'll take a look at it.

EDIT: The giant ring showed up 2 out of 4 times when I just tested the code. Just need to find out what normally causes it to appear.

EDIT #2: It appears that if you have at least 50 rings, then you'll get the big ring at the end of the level. I just tested the code again and 5 out of 5 times I got the big ring when I had more than 50 rings, and I also got the 5K 10K 50K Time Bonus. The code seems to be working fine. Let me know if you're still having problems.

EDIT #3: If you'd like, I can make another code so that you'll always get the "Giant ring" at the end of every level. Sounds like a good code, so I'll probably make it anyways.
        I now tested the code again and you're right! This was a mistake from my side, so sorry about I've bothered you!

Seems about invincibility against crushing from moving objects you're had no luck, so it's might be better I to forget it about anyway. I think its better I do not bother you with requests about codes for first Sonic The Hedgehog game anymore (except for last request about "Enemies Die Automatically"), since apears you're now moved on STH2 (REV01) now. I've tested both your codes and they're nice!
        Last edited by Unicode; 11-15-2014, 11:57:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicode View Post
          Seems about invincibility against crushing from moving objects you're had no luck, so it's might be better I to forget it about anyway.
          Good news, I think I finally figured out the code that gives you invincibility against being crushed by pillars. It seems to have solved all the problems that the other codes had. Let me know if you have any problems with it. I won't add it to the db until I hear from you.

Sonic 1 (REV00) (Genesis)

RH7T-A60A
          Don't die when crushed by moving pillars.
          Last edited by Tony H; 11-15-2014, 03:09:11 PM.

Comment

Good news, I think I finally figured out the code that gives you invincibility against being crushed by pillars. It seems to have solved all the problems that the other codes had. Let me know if you have any problems with it. I won't add it to the db until I hear from you.

RH7T-A60A
            Don't die when crushed by moving pillars.
            Thanks! That code also works on the moving pillars on Final Boss Level (where one of moving columns have the boss himself which you must hit (as usual), as they no longer can kill Sonic (except if you get are crushed between а two neighboring columns moving upwards / downwards), not only for ones on Marble Zone.
            Last edited by Unicode; 11-15-2014, 03:56:44 PM.

Comment

• Unicode, you owe Mr. Tony Hedstrom a drink after all these fine codes he made. Make it a double!
              US NES games left to beat: 3
              Last 2: Nobunaga's Ambition II and Gemfire

Comment

RHDT-C6TR
                Don't die when timer reaches 10 minutes.
                You beat me to it. Great work!

Comment

• Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (REV A)(Genesis)

SAGT-JAH2
                  Timer runs at half speed (2x slower than normal).

8AGT-JAH2
                  Timer runs at one quarter speed (4x slower than normal).

Comment

AJGT-JA9T
                    Don't die when timer reaches 10 minutes.

P.S. Thanks to Unicode for all these good code ideas. :-)

Comment

9JKT-B97T
                      Pause the game to enable debugger. When you unpause, press B to activate debugger, press A to cycle thru objects, press directional pad to move objects around, press C to place objects, press B to play your new level. You'll also have infinite time. Only works with Sonic, or Sonic and Tails.

BEKT-B77T
                      Pause the game to enable debugger (alternate version). When you unpause, you'll be a ring and can move anywhere in the level using the directional pad. Press A to cycle thru objects, press C to place objects, press B to exit debugger and test out your new level. Only works with Sonic, or Sonic and Tails.

Comment

• Tony Hedstrom...

Since you're now on Sonic The Hedgehog 2 I have a suggestions for this classic game:
                        1. Doors (like ones on Chemical Plant Zone) Doesn't Close After Sonic / Tails Passes Through Them, aka. Once Sonic / Tails Has Passed The Door It Won't Close And You Can Go Back Through It;
                        2. Walk On Air After Sonic / Tails Walks Off a Ledge;
                        3. Disable Losing Any Rings When Sonic Or Tails Hits Spikes In Bonus Stage;
                        4. When Playing As Tails Alone You Can Using His Hover In Air Like in Sonic 3 (he hovers while playing as Sonic and Tails and Tails himself is controlled by CPU, but player can't use that Tails' feature at all which sucks);
                        5. Can Always Transform Into Super Sonic No Matter How Many Emeralds You Have Collected. If you're using "Becomes Super Sonic Sonic with x Emeralds" Galoob's official GG, you can transform only when you have that specific number of emeralds (for example, if you're using "Becomes Super Sonic with 3 Emeralds" Galoob's official GameGenie code you can't transform into Super Character if your have 0, 1 or 2 Chaos Emeralds collected, after getting 3 Emeralds you can turn into Super Sonic, however you can't turn into Super Sonic anymore once your number of Chaos Emeralds became higher than 3, aka if you having 4, 5, 6 or 7 Chaos Emeralds);
                        6. Make Bonus Stage Still Accessible (via the Star Post) After Sonic / Tails Has Being Got All Chaos Emeralds (normally if you have all 7 emeralds collected you can't access Bonus stage anymore at all);
                        7. Pause The Game and Press A Button For An Invincibility Power-up;
                        8. Pause The Game And Press B Button to Activate Debug Mode As It Do Work Not Only With Sonic And Tails and Sonic Alone, But Also With Tails Alone;
                        9. Pause The Game And Press C Button to Add 10 Rings To Your Current Amount;
                        10. Make After Exit Debug Mode Can See the Score Normally Instead of Coordinates;
                        11. Always Get a Perfect Time Bonus At End Of Level;
                        12. Can Use High Jump While Sonic / Tails Are Underwater Like in CPZ2 (Chemical Plant Zone Act 2) or ARZ (both acts of Aquatic Ruin Zone). STH2 and STH1 (the original Sonic The Hedgehog game as well) have a strange glitch where if you're using a High Jump Code you won't be able to pass any levels with water parts! Seriously, you won't be able to make Sonic / Tails to sink into water until you disable any sort of a High Jump code! I'm wonder if you can find a code fixing this, dear Tony Hedstrom?
                        13. Normal Enemies Dies Automatically As They Appears on Screen;
                        14. Can't Die After Falling Off Screen (Or Into a Pit);
                        15. Invincibility Star Power-up Lasts 1/4 / 1/2 / 3/4 / 1,5 / 2x Normal Time Before It Run Out;
                        16. Ring Monitors Adds Only 2 / Only 5 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 50 / 60 / 75 / 80 / 100 / 150 / 200 Rings (like Official Gallob's Codes for Sonic 3) Instead Of 10.

Thanks you! I know this list is slightly long but most of these would be awesome to get made! Also, you can make "Pause The Game and Press ... Button For ..." codes can be combined?
                        Last edited by Unicode; 11-22-2014, 06:03:50 AM.

Comment

AK5T-AA26
                          Always get the Chaos Emerald in Special/Bonus stages.

Unicode, will start on your requests shortly.

Comment

• Unicode, a few notes about your requests...

Number 4: If it's even possible, would take waaay too many codes to make Tails hover.
                            Number 10: If you use the "Alternate" debug code (BEKT-B77T), the coordinates are not there, so you can see the score.
                            Number 13: If it's even possible, would probably take way too many codes to make enemies die as soon as they appear. Will look into this one a bit to make sure.
                            Number 14: This one may not be practical because you may have to have a high jump code to get out of deep pits (would have to turn the jump code on/off if you didn't want to use high jump all the time). Also, if there are areas where Sonic can fall to his death where there is no ground to stop him, not sure how difficult it would be to keep him alive and get him out of that area. Will look into it.

EDIT: There's no easy way to make it so you can combine ALL of the "press A, B, C" button codes. I can do it just like the codes for Sonic 1. I can make it so button A does it's own thing, and button B does 2 things, and button C does only one of what button B does (if that makes any sense). If I were to make it so that each button does its own thing, it would take a LOT more codes (which I'm not going to do).
                            Last edited by Tony H; 11-22-2014, 11:28:29 AM.

Comment

Unicode, a few notes about your requests...

Number 4: If it's even possible, would take waaay too many codes to make Tails hover.
                              Number 10: If you use the "Alternate" debug code (BEKT-B77T), the coordinates are not there, so you can see the score.
                              Number 13: If it's even possible, would probably take way too many codes to make enemies die as soon as they appear. Will look into this one a bit to make sure.
                              Number 14: This one may not be practical because you may have to have a high jump code to get out of deep pits (would have to turn the jump code on/off if you didn't want to use high jump all the time). Also, if there are areas where Sonic can fall to his death where there is no ground to stop him, not sure how difficult it would be to keep him alive and get him out of that area. Will look into it.

EDIT: There's no easy way to make it so you can combine ALL of the "press A, B, C" button codes. I can do it just like the codes for Sonic 1. I can make it so button A does it's own thing, and button B does 2 things, and button C does only one of what button B does (if that makes any sense). If I were to make it so that each button does its own thing, it would take a LOT more codes (which I'm not going to do).
                              #10 - About combining "Pause game and press _ button for _", it's might be better to make requests #7, #8 and #9 as one single code if you think then it could be easier to making. Only about entering "Debug mode, you can use your code "Alternate" debug code with only one modification: make it also usable while playing with Tails Alone, instead only when playing as Sonic & Tails as Partner or Sonic Alone only.
                              #13 - You can forget if this code requires more than 15 GG or if it conflicts with any of Your "Press A Button for _", i. e. if "Normal Enemies Dies Automatically As They Appears on Screen" can't be used together with your "Press _ Button for _" codes type. I suggested this because I've saw you're made similar code - "Most Enemies And Bosses Dies Automatically As Soon as They Appear On Screen" for Mega Man - The Willy Wars (Europe) http://gamehacking.org/?game=15460, so that is why think your might be able to make this code (or similar one) for Sonic / Knuckles games too...
                              #14 - Instead to make Sonic or Tails to fall off screen, you can make they to stay / walk on bottom end of the screen. Then they will still can't die.
                              Last edited by Unicode; 11-22-2014, 05:14:06 PM.

Comment

R1VT-C6TR
                                Don't fall when you walk off ledges (Walk on air). Press jump to drop down. This code also works on slopes, etc. If you have any problems, pressing jump usually fixes it.

NOTE: There are a lot of ledges and slopes in this game, so you'll spend a lot of time "Walking on air" with this code. Can sometimes disrupt the "Flow" of the game, but still a lot of fun to play around with.

Comment

Working...
                                X