8 stages of vertical human development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 stages of vertical human development

We know almost everything about the development of children from infancy to adulthood. But we know nothing about the developmental stages of the adult. After the age of 25, a person stops growing physically but does not stop developing mentally and intellectually. The model of vertical development is developed on the basis of several thousand interviews and worked out by a group of psychologists. Thanks to this model you can get to know yourself better, understand at what stage you are now and what you should strive for.

What is vertical development?
    Our development is regular, and almost everyone goes through the same stages of growth. Vertical development is a certain process in which the view of the world, the system of principles change. The change of stages is characterized by complex changes in three main parameters:

Action. How a person sets goals, develops a plan of action, and comes to the result.
    Self-perception. How one is aware of one's emotions, whether one can control them. How one understands others' emotions and behavior.
    Thinking. How the person makes sense of himself and his environment. How he gives meaning to what is going on around him.

The 8 Stages of Vertical Development
    The Opportunist (5% of people).

The person is first aware of his own self, he cares only about his physical needs and instant gratification, he is dependent on moods and impulses. He thinks in terms of "I want", does not think about consequences, is not tormented by conscience and guilt, lives according to the laws of wild nature.

Example: bandits, mafia, army.

Diplomat (12% of the people).
    The next stage is in which the person needs the approval of those around him. He has already realized that he cannot achieve anything on his own and that it is better to act together with a group of people. He constantly expects praise from family, colleagues, bosses. Criticism is perceived as attacks and negative. But at the same time, such people try to unite the group and keep relations.

Example: orthodox, bureaucrats.

Expert (38% of people)
    At this stage the person for the first time can look at himself from the outside, he is looking for his uniqueness, strengths, and weaknesses. He respects the opinion of others but takes criticism only from experts. The expert wants to change his life for the better, works hard, and enriches his knowledge. But such a person is usually a bad team player; he is too fixated on the details, ignoring the whole.

Example: manager, micromanager.

Achiever (30% of people).
    A person sets goals and perseveres toward results, his main goal is a success. He is characterized by rationality and curiosity and studies science. The achiever looks for different possibilities, comes up with strategies, and distributes tasks. He takes criticism and studies his psyche.

Example: top managers, entrepreneurs.

Individualist (10% of people).
    At this stage, the person thinks for the first time about the meaning of life, about his condition and desires. He is immersed in his own world to find answers to numerous questions. The individualist prefers to live for today, he begins to accept himself and as a result, accepts others. Personal balance is more important than society's approval.

Example: people in the creative professions, essay writers, postmodernists.

Strategist (4% of people).
    The strategist knows his or her own self well, correctly identifies his or her emotions and reactions. Dedicates a lot of time to personal growth, considers criticism an important part of life. He lives life to the fullest, focusing on intuition.

Example: authors of large ecosystems.

Alchemist (1% of people).
    Man is very sensitive to the people and systems around him, he feels part of this world (nature and animals). He is based on intuition, he realizes that he is not something separate, he is part of society. The meaning of life does not exist by itself, it is born by man.

Example: Mahatma Gandhi.

Unifying (0.1% of people).
    This is not the last stage, another, higher, level of development is possible. This person understands that he is everything and nothing at the same time. He is able to see more than everyone else, he can find hidden connections and signals. He is fully aware of the paradoxical nature of the world and does not try to change it.

Example: Mother Teresa.

Read more:
    Top 4 Websites to Pay Someone to Write My Paper from Scratch
    TOP 5 Essay Maker Websites That US Students Trust (Tested & Approved)
    TOP 6 Homework Help Websites to Thrive in College According to Students’ Feedback
    TOP 6 Legit Websites to Ask ‘Write My Paper’ and Get the Best of It

I usually spend at least thirty minutes looking for informative essay topics. Luckily I found this site, and now I don't have to waste my time. Check this site too. It's worth your attention.

Comment

Working...
    X