A Master's degree in having his pocket picked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Master's degree in having his pocket picked

Toronto man 'angry' after learning his $8,100 master's degree that required no exams or academic work is fake

Erwin Sniedzins doesn't trust traditional universities.

So when the Toronto business management consultant found one offering a master's degree requiring no studying, exams, or academic work — for just $8,100 — Sniedzins thought it was a school sharing his unconventional approach to education.

"I don't necessarily like to pay $30,000 to get a master's when I feel I already have the knowledge," Sniedzins said in an interview with CBC Toronto.

He said the degree issued by Kings Lake University, which he found by searching the Internet, is based on his previous life experience and professional accomplishments.

Sniedzins is president and CEO of Mount Knowledge, an educational software company. In his LinkedIn profile, he is described as an "Artificial Intelligence Gamification Patent Inventor, Key Note Speaker, Professor, Author."

Sniedzins also has political aspirations. He ran for Mayor in 2014, in a race won by John Tory, and received 104 votes.

A fake degree from Kings Lake University. (CBC)

One of the documents Sniedzins received appears to be a affidavit certifying his degree signed by former U.S. secretary of state John Kerry. (CBC)

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/t...tion-1.4287347
    The Hackmaster
Working...
X